seller blacklist facility

clifbr45
Community Member

i have dealt with a seller i never want to use again.  why wont ebay allow me to blacklist him (to me) if i ever accidently use him again.  

i can mark someone as a 'preffered' seller- but not an undesirable seller.

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: seller blacklist facility

69lily
Community Member

Last week I bought a product (nearest capital city). No response from buyer. I am in Australia.

This week sold a product. I have heard no response and the buyer is based in Brazil with zero buying/selling reviews??

My advice would be to sell through the Facebook sites.

I am sick of being stuffed around.

Message 71 of 77
Latest reply

@69lily wrote:

Last week I bought a product (nearest capital city). No response from buyer. I am in Australia.

This week sold a product. I have heard no response and the buyer is based in Brazil with zero buying/selling reviews??

My advice would be to sell through the Facebook sites.

I am sick of being stuffed around.

As you are the buyer it is good to see you're not talking to yourself.

I doubt too many Brazilians are going to be looking at your Facebook page, either. And Facebook is certainly not immune to being stuffed around. There are more tyrekickers there than there are here.

And the OP is a buyer, so is unlikely to be selling anything any time soon.

Message 72 of 77
Latest reply

there is a way but only through your "Saved Searches" list

Message 73 of 77
Latest reply

bsal610, thanks - you reminded me of the information I wasn't able to fit into my previous post!

(Who'd have thought it? I reached the maximum number of characters in my post, and in trimming it down to meet the character requirements, I lost the Saved Searches information.)

@clifbr45,

Although, as said, you cannot block a seller, you can use Saved Searches to exclude particular sellers.

To create a Saved Search

Do an Advanced Search. (You can locate the Advanced Search function by clicking onto Advanced next to your eBay search bar, or just click onto the link I have given you here.)

Once you are on the Advanced Search page, you can set up a specific search by including particular keywords or search words, limiting the search to particular categories if that's what you want, include title and description for your search, limit the price range for your search, and so on.

For your purpose, you are specifically interested in excluding seller username/s from your search. You can exclude sellers by ticking "Only show items from"... referring to them individually, or by selecting the radio button next to "My saved sellers list", or "Sellers with eBay Stores".

You MUST tick "Only show items from". Once you tick that, the drop-down option for include/exclude becomes active. Select exclude.

Sellers   

โ˜‘ Only show items from:

โ—‰ Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs)

Include   โท     ___________________

Exclude

โ—‹ My saved sellers list

โ—‹ Sellers with eBay Stores

You can enter one seller's username, or the usernames of more than one. (Separate by commas.)

If you use your Saved Sellers list (hover over My eBay and select Saved Sellers from the drop-down list, or just use the link I've included here) for BAD sellers (rather than for sellers from whom you want to buy in future), you can set up a Saved Search using those saved sellers - like this;

Sellers   

โ˜‘ Only show items from:

โ—‹ Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs)

Include   โท     ___________________

Exclude

โ—‰ My saved sellers list

โ—‹ Sellers with eBay Stores

To search using any of your Saved Searches

Go to your Saved Searches in My eBay. (Here is the direct link. You can also find your Saved Searches page by hovering over your My eBay link, and clicking onto Saved Searches from the drop-down list.)

You'll see all of your saved searches listed on that page. To run a particular search, click onto View Items next to the search name that you want to run.

Here's eBay's help page about saved searches. (It doesn't mention blocking particular sellers from your search, as it seems to focus on creating a saved search for buyers looking for particular items rather than excluding sellers from the search. However, it does work for that purpose.)

Message 74 of 77
Latest reply

It seems my very early advice re excluding sellers in 'refinements' was lost in

the fire sale.

Wonder why?

Message 75 of 77
Latest reply

I'm in the same boat. I contacted a seller about an item that didn't work out of the box and he wouldn't assist. It's beyond 30 days as I hadn't needed it until now so I can no longer leave feedback, but I don't want to even accidentally purchase from the seller again.

Message 76 of 77
Latest reply

Maybe make a note to not buy from that seller?

If your memory is bad it might not work. Maybe several notes.

Message 77 of 77
Latest reply