seller charged me postage for two items and then sent together - wrong?

teporar0
Community Member

hope someone can help me here.  last weekend I won two auctions from a seller.  first was for 99 cents + 8.50 shipping.  i sent through payment straight away.  then a half hour later I won a second auction $36.99 + $7 shipping.  I messaged the seller before paying for the second and asked if he could combine postage on the two items. he said sorry it but the first was already packed up and courier called, so no combining.  so I paid the 36.99 + 7 shipping for the second one. each item had a different tracking number, but all the week the first items tracking number just says "shipping info received by australia post" without any updates, while tracking on the second kept updating during the week.

today I received the second item, and it had the first item packed in with it.  the seller obviously decided to combine them to save on postage, and pocket the extra payment I made for postage, after saying he coulntt combine them.  they're both small and light items, and i don't think sending them together would have cost any more - still less than 500g combined in a small box.

can i report this seller to ebay and get my second postage payment back?  thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 83
Latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: seller charged me postage for two items and then sent together - wrong?

The OP opened a dispute for item not received....the seller has refused to give her a refund on the postage because of this unethical action on her part.

Message 71 of 83
Latest reply

@luna-2304 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

This thread has gone off topic.

Can we please bring the topic back to the original post "seller charged me postage for two items and then sent together - wrong?"

Cheers, 

luna-2304

Community Moderator

Good to see the mods in action. If 'action' can be considered a reasonable 'action' several days after the event they have only just now noticed.

Really.

Message 72 of 83
Latest reply

@luna-2304 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

This thread has gone off topic.

Can we please bring the topic back to the original post "seller charged me postage for two items and then sent together - wrong?"

Cheers, 

luna-2304

Community Moderator

yep, my bad

sorry everyone, it was my post that initiated the off-topic posts, I apologise to everyone for teporarily taking this thread off-topic

Message 73 of 83
Latest reply

Report him to ebay and let them handle it professionly
Message 74 of 83
Latest reply

This happened to me just than seller refunded money back then said they would give me 15pound of the price of shipping ok I agreed so I paid for items again now its cost me a extra 100 dollars because they charged 26 dollars postage on every item I purchased instead of putting 15 dollars Australian not happy
Message 75 of 83
Latest reply

Also got charged more when I paid first time I'd like to know whose putting this extra charge on after I paid for items extra 10 dollars
Message 76 of 83
Latest reply

@kobr1215 wrote:
Report him to ebay and let them handle it professionly

you have just advised the buyer to report the seller some 51 weeks after the transaction!

It wouldn't be professional to "handle it" after such a long time.

Message 77 of 83
Latest reply

@teporar0 wrote:

hope someone can help me here.  last weekend I won two auctions from a seller.  first was for 99 cents + 8.50 shipping.  i sent through payment straight away.  then a half hour later I won a second auction $36.99 + $7 shipping.  I messaged the seller before paying for the second and asked if he could combine postage on the two items. he said sorry it but the first was already packed up and courier called, so no combining.  so I paid the 36.99 + 7 shipping for the second one. each item had a different tracking number, but all the week the first items tracking number just says "shipping info received by australia post" without any updates, while tracking on the second kept updating during the week.

Hi teporar0 , sorry to hear of your dilemma. I have just popped on this and haven't had time to read all the replies so I just reply to what I read here.

So just replying to  this part above, sad to hear that seller was too hasty.

Hmmm sent via Aust post but courier picks up. OK whatever!

@teporar0 wrote:

today I received the second item, and it had the first item packed in with it.  the seller obviously decided to combine them to save on postage, and pocket the extra payment I made for postage, after saying he coulntt combine them.  they're both small and light items, and i don't think sending them together would have cost any more - still less than 500g combined in a small box.

Hmm, first seller says too late, already picked up then the secod item defies the laws of physics and ends up in withe the first? Is that the case?

Obviously seller was giving you incorrect info as far as the items were concerned as they both arrived together. That confirms seller gave you incorrect or false story. Perhaps seller confused.

@teporar0 wrote:

can i report this seller to ebay and get my second postage payment back?  thanks for any help.

As seller to do the right thing. See what happens. Actually, if you can put the items in the box, go down the the PO as if you were going to post them yourself, get them weighed and see what the price is.

Anyway, seems seller has skimmed a profit at your expense. if seller tired or half asleep then they need to still admit their error and refund you the difference. If not then lay a complaint. Best of luck.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Message 78 of 83
Latest reply

Let us know how you get on with this.

@4channel

you are kidding?  Aren't you?

Check the post dates.  The transaction was a year ago!

Message 79 of 83
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Check the post dates.  The transaction was a year ago!

..................and this................

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 80 of 83
Latest reply