seller ripping buyers off

a seller on ebay is ripping buyers off stating items are antique out of his grandmothers antique shop he remembers looking at as a boy ..but most are repo atm he has a new epergne as antique but its a horncastleglasstudio new epergne ..i have collected most of what he sells for 35 years so i know what i am talking about his lamps are mostly repo as well ..what can be done as he gives ebay and other sellers a bad name ..

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: seller ripping buyers off

You can report the seller, whether eBay do anything about it is another matter.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

basically it's your word against his. Nothing much ebay will do.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately,  think it's buyer beware.

He started that auction at 99c.  People should know what they are bidding on

Research is all that is needed for buying,  IMO

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Seller does state in listing -

Please note that I am not a store, I am cleaning out my collection, so there will be no refunds offered, unless the item has been misrepresented in some way.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

That's not true according to that "experts" from Ebay.I have sold a spare parts to some imbecile stating everything what was

required.He claimed I misled and gave me a negative feedback.The girls from preschool in Ebay stated I should give more info.

I will not sell anymore on Ebay due to their unprofessional way to deal with enything.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Correction-anything.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Did you lose  a 'not as described' case or or did the buyer simply leave negative feedback. If it was only feedback, then a calm, factual reply   would have reassured any potential buyer. Your little rant only made you look foolish - and a bit suss. And when eBay removes a negative comment, they don't remove the seller's follow-up - in which case your reply would have looked even worse.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Oops - didn't notice this was an old thread. Grrrrh! Why is it, when you click on 'message listing' after reading a thread, it takes you back to the page on which that thread originally appeared rather than page1?  Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Dunno.

I just click back on the board header at the top eg >Buying>.

Or back button.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply