seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained she

I  bought and paid for items for my daugyter. Waited for them to arrive and when we opened it the seller placed a sticky note on the bottom telling me to leave it on loudest as it only works on that. In her description nothing mentions only works on loude. So instead of contacting me she thought it was fine to do this. I complained about it and then she makes out it still works thats not the point. Sometimes the toys are too loud on highest setting. She told me to sasy sorry to her before refunding me as I put a case in against her. I told her she should have contacted me before sending it if she only found out thats not fair on me. Now she  says I abused her. She told me to resend it back in the box and write return sender. You are not allowed to do this. When I told her she is not allowwed to do this she got abusive so I called ebay.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained

Does the Lightsaber roomlight work ok or is that defective as well?,(as it's stated as being new in the listing

and in an unopened box).

Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

Re: seller sends item with a note telling me to leave on loudest as it only works, when I complained

it was open

Message 22 of 47
Latest reply

@bella*jamie*funny*buggers wrote:

it was open

The box?

Does the light work?

Message 23 of 47
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. Interpersonal dispute really does harm to the harmony of this forum. Please be courteous to each other when you have different opinions. Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

I find it hurtful whe I ask for help and get attacked there are 3 people on this forum that have attacked me before. I wish I did not ask for help or advise. So sick and tired of being attacked,.

Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

No-one is attacking you, so settle down a bit. All we are trying to do is work out exactly what's happened. I can accept that the first item you bought wasn't as it was listed. I find it really hard to believe that there was something wrong with the brand new item as well. Others felt the same, which is why they asked about it. I think that even if it was AOK, you still would have negged the seller out of spite. Did you get a refund for the second item? Did the light work?

No-one is telling you not to leave negative feedback. However, there are rules and regulations regarding leaving negative feedback. One of those rules is that you're not allowed to mention a dispute. If the seller complains, eBay will remove the feedback and your efforts of trying to vilify the seller will be in vain. Therefore, if you want the feedback to stick, so others can see it, you have to follow the rules. The rules are in the help pages if you'd like to read up on what you can and can't say. If you want to leave it, make sure it can't be removed.

I can't be bothered contacting sellers, or buyers for that matter. It doesn't affect me, so I don't really give 2 hoots about who does what. If you'd read my post correctly, then you would have seen that I wrote how the lurkers on this forum, who never post, ever, do sometimes contact sellers and buyers. If they want to do it, that's their choice. You'd never know who it was.

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

Here's my impression, for what it's worth.

I would be very upset too if someone sent an item to me with a sticky note saying it only worked in limited circumstances when that was not mentioned in the ad.

I expect an ad to have all the details & it is very unfair on a buyer when faults aren't mentioned.

I was in a somewhat similar position once when I bought a table. Asked questions, then when it was delivered it had white marks on tabletop that had not been visible in photos OR mentioned when I asked questions. Seller response? Oh yes it could do with a repolish. That wasn't what the ad said-ad said excellent condition.

So I get it, I know exactly how you feel.

I am glad you won the case and if the seller isn't prepared to pay for return postage, too bad. If they ask again, just reply you are happy to return the item but not at your expense, they need to provide a bag or label. And follow through. If they do send the postage, be fair and post it back.

But if they won't then don't.

Apart from that, I wouldn't be getting into any further discussion or dealings with them.

I don't think you necessarily handled anything wrong. I would also take offence if a seller told me they would refund for a faulty item but only if I said sorry. That is unprofessional and has nothing to do with whether the item was faulty or not. They brought their troubles on themselves. I don't care if they have sold 6 things or 6000, if an item was faulty and they knew it, they should have just bitten the bullet and offered a full refund with return of the item or a partial refund & you kept it- and be done with it.

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

thank you for your understanding. Someone on this site was quick to contact the seller and have a feedback removed some people are sticky noses makes me laugh I know who it was too they have a lot to say to people on this site

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

There is no way you can know if anyone contacted to tell them to get your feedback removed....and you certainly would not know if it was anyone who has been posting here.

More often than not it is done by someone who lurks on the boards but does not post.

Message 29 of 47
Latest reply

The neg mentioning the dispute is still there.

Message 30 of 47
Latest reply