there's an item i'm interested in for $135.00 us dollars. gst is $13.50 thats not 10%!!!

just another RIPPOFF i know its only 50 cents but it's still a rippoff and i wont be buying because of the principle of the matter!!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: there's an item i'm interested in for $135.00 us dollars. gst is $13.50 thats not 10%!!!

sorry my mistake no sleep i'm off too bed!!!

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: there's an item i'm interested in for $135.00 us dollars. gst is $13.50 thats not 10%!!!

having realised your mistake, did you buy it?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Don't you pay GST on the converted amount, not the US amount?

Cos it converts to about $AU194 which would make the GST $19.40

Hope it's not being sent via the GSP....cos there's more money down the drain.

(Customs and Import duties, more GST for PB)

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

wouldnt matter.

If GST is on the item + shipping in US$ amount the GST is 10% in US$ . . . then converted to facilitate payment,

OR

Item + shipping in US$ are converted to A$ and GST is 10% of that in A$ to give transaction total.

I agree that the GSP introduces another level of pain.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

wouldnt matter.

If GST is on the item + shipping in US$ amount the GST is 10% in US$ . . . then converted to facilitate payment,

OR

Item + shipping in US$ are converted to A$ and GST is 10% of that in A$ to give transaction total.

eyetwitch.gif     Umm, thanks?

Makes me sorry I commented.walking backwards.gif

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Unlikely to be using GSP because the GST wouldn't be showing as $13.50.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka, please don't be sorry that you commented. GST on eBay has proven to be one of those knotty things that can look very simple... but which have been known to wibble-wobble in practice.

Wibble-wobble is of course a highly sophisticated and very specific word used in the financial sector.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Smiley Happy Oh well, if he didn't buy & went to bed instead, he won't have to worry about GST or other fees, US or otherwise.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

imastawka, please don't be sorry that you commented. GST on eBay has proven to be one of those knotty things that can look very simple... but which have been known to wibble-wobble in practice.

Wibble-wobble is of course a highly sophisticated and very specific word used in the financial sector.

Image result for dr who wibbly wobbly timey wimey"

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply