tracking says delivered but i did not receive

ooak3
Community Member

advise  would be appreciated please

i bought a box set of dvd's 

seller sent them with tracking but not sign on delivery  the tracking say's it was delivered but i have not received it ,

it looks like it was just left at my door or even went to the wrong address 

if it was left at my door anyone walking past could see it ,theres nowhere to hide it

ebay have knocked back my claim i have a claim in with ppal now but when i rang the girl said because it says delivered i will not get

my $73.50 back

i dont know what else if anything i can do to get my money back 

i think the seller should have sent with signature required ( i do for anything $50 or over ) so i was silly and did not think to check that

they would send in the safest way possable so have i lost my $73 ?? 

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you contacted Australia Post?

Have you checked with your local PO....tracking can often say Delivered if it has been left at the PO.

If you funded your paypal payment with a credit card or Visa debit carf you may be able to do a chargeback thrugh your bank.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

Have you checked at your Post Office, just in case the postie returned it to there?

If both eBay and PayPal have knocked back your claim I don't believe there's much else you can do about it.

I'm sure the seller would have sent it with signature required if you'd have offered to pay extra for it.

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

yes forgot to say i have checked at the post office its not there and no card was left

ooh charge back yes it was funded by my visa through ppal never had to do that before 

thank you ! i sopose its worth a try 

can you tell me do i have to go to the bank or could i just phone

would be a real pain if i have to go in there but $73 is not loose change Woman Sad

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

yes im not realy blaming the seller i should have made sure it was being sent with signature 

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

Phone your credit card issuer.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

You can't force a seller to use SOD ufortunately. If you have been able to open a Paypal dispute then give them a call, tell them the tracking may say it is delivered but you have not received it and will provide a Stat Dec confirming that. They may just, if you get the right person, agree to a discretionary refund which they will pay for, not the seller. No harm in giving it a try anyway.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

@ooak3 wrote:

yes forgot to say i have checked at the post office its not there and no card was left

ooh charge back yes it was funded by my visa through ppal never had to do that before 

thank you ! i sopose its worth a try 

can you tell me do i have to go to the bank or could i just phone

would be a real pain if i have to go in there but $73 is not loose change Woman Sad

I have done chargebacks on a Mastercard through Westpac and Visa through St George Bank and both can be done over the phone.

It may be a bit quicker if you can go into your bank as I had to wait for some paperwork to be sent out but I had no option at the time.

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

i was thinking about the charge back idea over night but i dont think i will do that because i realy dont blame the seller

it is australia post

im antsy with just leaving items in unsafe drop spots and if i did a charge back the seller would be out of pocket 

im not blaming the delivery lady shes very nice and i know that is what there told to do (not bring a whole pile of parcels back to the post office)

at my old address the delivery guy was lovely and we often had a chat he told me that the post office owner got up him if he brought parcels back to the store!!

so i will wait until i hear from ppal ( soposed to be tomorrow) it will be a knock back according to the girl i spoke to 

then i will try speaking to a superviser see if my track record will be taken into account 

wish me luck lol

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

@ooak3 wrote:

yes im not realy blaming the seller i should have made sure it was being sent with signature 

signature (IMO) means totally nothing. ive have parcels "stolen" as other people around the streets signed my parcels..on seeing online that they were delivered, i contacted au post and the delivery person had no idea who they went to, who signed for them etc. so i lost my $ to dishonest thieves.

since then i DONT have any faith at all in using "signature required". just my experience.

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply