Holden porcelain ashtray - FE Holden

Hi all,

Any ideas what something like this is worth, if anything at all? It's a porcelain ashtray with an FE Holden on it (1955-58). More targeting Holden or old car memorabilia collectors as I doubt it's worth much outside of these circles.  Estimated to have been made late 1950's.

Any info would be great.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apparently they were made by a company called Webb

there is this archived sale on gumtree

holden.jpg

then this other item from a Downies sale -

Playing cards, Early Holden Series set containing two decks of playing cards depicting FX and FJ Holdens, and five poker dice in tin and card outer case by Webb, made in Hong Kong, used  $75.00

holden 1.jpg

You may be able to find more by Googling.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

i would list that in transportation collectables , start at $49.99 inc post , it will sell even though its not an original holden piece , lacking some details like front blinker etc but still a nice piece

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

any markings on the bottom?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for that.  Didn't notice the missing indicator!  No markings on the bottom unfortunately.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Apparently they were made by a company called Webb

there is this archived sale on gumtree

holden.jpg

then this other item from a Downies sale -

Playing cards, Early Holden Series set containing two decks of playing cards depicting FX and FJ Holdens, and five poker dice in tin and card outer case by Webb, made in Hong Kong, used  $75.00

holden 1.jpg

You may be able to find more by Googling.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for that info - very helpful 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi, did you end up selling the ashtray and for how much, a friend of mine has four different ones and would like to sell them.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The original poster is no longer a registered eBay member - at least not under that ID, so I doubt they will answer you.

Original advice given seems realistic to me - Holden collectables are quite popular and do sell well, although there are lots and lots advertised. If your friend wants to list, I would list them separately but at the same time - someone may want to buy them all. Collectables - Transportation - Automobilia would be the place, list them as auction, start perhaps around $45 as suggested. People WILL see them and they will find their own level.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply