Australian Federal Police poised ................

to seize assets of corrupt Chinese officials within weeks, in an unprecedented joint operation with its Chinese counterparts.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2014/10/police-set-to-seize-dodgy-chinese-assets/

" I thought Tone said we were “open for business”?"

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pls explain how xenophobe and crucifiction has anything to do with our PM ignoring the criminal activity going on right now, right here in Australia, whereby he and his brothers are getting wealthy at the expense of average Australians?

In fact Abbott is not only ignoring this activity he is refusing to take responsibility for his Fed Govt Depts lack of duty of care to all Australians- refusing to monitor and police these criminal goings on.

corruption, corruption and corruption.

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

Luckily we can depend on our Australian Federal Police to sort this out, regardless of politics as the law is the law......remembering that Abbott is the one responsible at present.......for ignoring and refusing to address.

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

Will the accused also be arrested, sent back to China or deported, especially those that may have become Australian citizens?

Or is it just seizures of assets derived from corruption?

image host

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

33 REPLIES 33

from comments following newsworthy article:

This is very big news indeed.

The implications for Australian property is real.

......The Chinese corruption crackdown has sparked a capital flight from China, with estimates of funds being sent abroad from China, including by corrupt officials, reaching as high as $3 Trillion.

Australia, and in particular the Australian real estate market, is considered to be highly attractive for Chinese sending money out of China, and is believed to be the largest recipient of capital, ahead of Canada and the United States over the last year.

Chinese nationals buying Australian residential real estate have become a noted feature of auctions in Sydney and Melbourne pushing prices in suburbs such as Chatswood in Sydney and Mt Waverley in Melbourne to well beyond $2 million.

Under Chinese law it is illegal for any individual to send more than $50 thousand abroad in any one year.

...............The matter is further complicated by the acknowledged lack of oversight given to real estate purchases by Australia’s Foreign Investment Review Board, or the lack of policing of cash transactions by Austrac, as well as Australia’s almost unique residential real estate purchase processes which require no proof of identity or right to purchase real estate.

Under Australian laws, which are not policed, foreign nationals may buy new developments, but may not buy existing residential real estate. *.........$PPppfffft!

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Couldn't Australian's just buy up land in China? checkmate

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Good on the Chinese Government, if only our own govt would go after corporate tax cheats and dodgy millionaires/billionaires with the same vigour. 

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Good on the Chinese Government, if only our own govt would go after corporate tax cheats and dodgy millionaires/billionaires with the same vigour. 

Considering the taxes be collected by that government, goes into their pocket, and was most likely an unconstitunial tax instituted by that government, i would say they are pretty motivated. Don't know if I would praise them for it though.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

What's this thread about? is it about corrupt chinese companies?

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

In time it will become yet another bash Abbott thread

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Tha's what I thought. Transparent and obvious looks like. Robot tongue

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

@lightningdance wrote:

What's this thread about? is it about corrupt chinese companies?

No it's all about Tone's fault lol

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

poddster wrote:

thats funny. r we only aloud to have bash labour mp treads?

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply