BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,224
Latest reply
98,223 REPLIES 98,223

Re: BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

I am much more cautious about eye shadow now. If the eye shadow is more eye catching than my eyes, it’s not right. It should be there to enhance, not outshine.

I did mum’s makeup for the wedding at Beechworth; she looked beautiful and glowing. Just a little silvery shadow and a beautiful cool pink lipstick with light foundation and a touch of highlighter - stunning.

I used to compare mum to Elizabeth Taylor; she has never really bothered much with makeup but when she started working in Germany it was expected that she’d wear lipstick. Her father shook a disapproving head… Those were the days when red lipstick was the lipstick.

Message 98201 of 98,224
Latest reply

Couldn`t agree with you more Countess regarding eye shadow. I still wear it but have toned it down lots.. kinda fee naked without it when going out:-)  Hope to get out later and do some shopping.

Enjoy your day everyone.:-)

Message 98202 of 98,224
Latest reply

travmk2
Community Member

Good evening all,

I spent the day working on what I had to get done for Mums estate and managed to get it done.

The other paperwork I will work on during the next couple of weeks.

Wifey has never been a makeup person, on the rare occasion she might use some eye shadow.

Countess, we spent a few weeks in and around the Beechworth area in 2006 and loved the place.

The only down side was, they had a European wasp plague at the time. Wifey & I were stung a few times along with most others.
Had a great time on the night ghost tour at the the old asylum, wifey and the tour guide spent most of the night having digs at each other. I have a photo of when the tour guide showed her the door, Lol.

Message 98203 of 98,224
Latest reply

Beautiful afternoon here - and - the swearing tradies will depart soon. lol

I have been tryng to find a gift for DD's best friend - she is having a bub in August.

Not known for my knitting nor crocheting skills - found something that totally lets me off the hook - pun intended.

Saw this - so got the pattern - got the wool - etc - all wrapped with a yellow bow - meaning no idea yet.

The Grandmother to be is an OMG knitter - so a gift for the G'Ma & the bub - and she will get a laugh out of it.

Screenshot_20240416-111254_Word Trip.jpg

Message 98204 of 98,224
Latest reply

Very very cute. That will be a great yarn in the years to come - yes, pun intended …

Message 98205 of 98,224
Latest reply

Very cute, Dom.

Before the Arthur kicked in, I would have had great fun kniting that.

Message 98206 of 98,224
Latest reply

Yes - you would have enjoyed it very much - too cute.

My Mum was also an OMG knitter - can remember when DD was born - she did the whole set for DD to come home in - including the shawl - still have it packed away.

She did have one problem though the bonnet was too big - DD was long and thin - tiny head - so off Mum went home - got a teacup - an knitted another overnight.

Message 98207 of 98,224
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Yes - you would have enjoyed it very much - too cute.

My Mum was also an OMG knitter - can remember when DD was born - she did the whole set for DD to come home in - including the shawl - still have it packed away.

She did have one problem though the bonnet was too big - DD was long and thin - tiny head - so off Mum went home - got a teacup - an knitted another overnight.

This brought back memories of my mother and her knitting. She would often sit there in her chair at night, watching TV and knitting.

My sister & I didn't inherit the knitting gene. We can do a couple of basic stitches and that is it, I am afraid.

After my first baby was born, mum knitted and sewed quite a few things for her, including 2 little bonnets. There was a smaller one in yellow and then a larger size in pink. I'll show a photo of my daughter wearing one. It's not as if it is a recent photo.

My biggest regret is I lent them to someone but never got them back, although I had asked that they be returned. I had thought it was to my sister but she can't recall them.

I would have loved to have been able to pass them on to my grandkids. Luckily I did save some of the other things my mother made.

1982 with nannas bonnet smaller.jpg

Message 98208 of 98,224
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Beautiful afternoon here - and - the swearing tradies will depart soon. lol

How come you are losing the neighbourhood tradies dom?

Have they finished or just taking a break?🤔

Message 98209 of 98,224
Latest reply

Just another day Amber - 5 or 6 days a week - now for 7 months.

Today was - effing this - effing that - MF - and the odd - C  word.

It's offensive & one day - when I get realy peed off - the boys in blue.

Message 98210 of 98,224
Latest reply