BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,240
Latest reply
98,239 REPLIES 98,239

Really - really - good to ' see ' you Trav.

You are doing Ok - you will grieve for a long time - but don't let it consume you.

Your Mum certainly would not allow it - and Mum always knew best.

Take heart with your lovely family.

I have a few jobs here for when you are done up there - and an empty glass jar. lol

Message 98191 of 98,240
Latest reply

travmk2
Community Member

This morning I was bit overwhelmed by how much paperwork I let pile up. I got it sorted into dates and set up a spread sheet, some being out of pocket expenses I had for mum which the solicitor needs asap, plus sorting my own paperwork that I way behind on. Not long before mum went to hospital I had a job to cut down some trees but I still had one tree stump to remove.  Today after I got the paperwork in order I went to where the tree stump was and took out my frustration on the stump, hooked some chains around it and ripped it out with my 4wd. Came back home feeling relaxed and this arvo I feel I am getting somewhere.

I had a chuckle about the glass jar comment. I thought it would be easier for them to see,  instead of using an empty Baked Bean can, they might have thrown the can out, Lol.

It is good to be back home.

Message 98192 of 98,240
Latest reply

About the glass jar - it holds 2.5 gallons. LOL

images (3).jpeg

Message 98193 of 98,240
Latest reply

2.5 gals, that is about 9.5 litres. ( I couldn't afford to fill that)

Do you keep your Claret in it, lol.

I thought you had a heap of work done to your place. I remember you posting about the wall repair where your old heater or air cond was, and also thought you had a lot of skirting board done.

Message 98194 of 98,240
Latest reply

There is always a heap of work to do here - and - absolutely - no-one leaves a tip in a jar. lol

You have a very good memory - yep - the new air con was a challenge - but all sorted.

Boo Boo is content - she pants - the air con goes on - she goes to sleep - the air con goes off. lol

Message 98195 of 98,240
Latest reply

Oh - about the ' paperwork ' - my file on the development going on next door is now up to 2inches thick. lol

I cannot believe how some actually retain a job - useless doesn't even cover it.

I asked a question about ' shadow diagrams ' for my entitled sun - 50% for 3 hours on June 21st - our winter solstice - in our back garden -  which is law.

The answer I got back today was - my outdoor area was not compromised - as they have put up a single storey dwelling - hello - what has this to do with my backyard. 

Beejeebus - the email this broad will get back on Monday will begin with - ' with all due respect ' - and - we all know what that means. lol

Message 98196 of 98,240
Latest reply

When I was a kid my Dad would say to us, If someone ever offers you a tip, to always thank them for the offer but say No. It's polite. If they offer it to you again, take it! because if you knock it back twice - that's stupidity. LOL

Message 98197 of 98,240
Latest reply

LOL Trav - the one thing I do recall from my Dad - I lost him when I was 32.

As a teen - up on the latest - came out all dressed ready to go out.

Mascara - green eyeshadow etc - his comment - ' which circus are you off to ' - LOL - went back into the bathroom - took a look - thought  he's not wrong - never worn eyeshadow since.

We were very close.

Message 98198 of 98,240
Latest reply

Maybe the people in the house next door may think you are either stealing some of their sun or giving them too much.

I had a very minor issue with a neighbour recently over something stupid. To him it was if the world was coming to an end. I wasn't up for it, and it backfired on him. I was pleased I shut him down quickly. 

Message 98199 of 98,240
Latest reply

Dom ready to go out looking all hot, and then listening to what your Dad said.

Not may kids I know, who listen to their parents. lol

Message 98200 of 98,240
Latest reply