Christmas

What are  you doing for Christmas day?

Feast.......the whole family/friends   gathering ?

or

Famine .......nothing much?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Christmas

I have family and guests coming for Christmas lunch.

Which I haven't really planned what we are having yet. Things have been a little chaotic, but I hope to finish the xmas shopping today 🙂

Definately feast with all the trimmings though. 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

We will probably have the traditional Danish Christmas and set a place for mum as well.

(Our sweet mumsy passed last month)

f0eff53af7a9b5f40ebaa0576d8940a9.gif

image host
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Christmas Day, we have leftovers  hahahaha

Celebrations for us are traditionally European.  We have a German/Polish dinner and celebration on Christmas Eve.   It is always a feast.   12 different dishes for the 12 days of Christmas.

This has been a tradition in our family for 50 years now and the next generations appreciate it, cos then they can spend Christmas Day with their partner's family with no conflict.

No rushing about to different houses on Christmas Day.  

It's much more relaxed this way.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Famine for us....just the two of us this year as the family will be scattered.

But we will have a nice prawn salad and a small pudding that we were given.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

This year is at our place. That is us, our 3 kids, their spouses and children, plus my sister, her husband and 2 adult daughters. Who may or may not bring their boyfriends. Min of 17 people.

My main stress is how to store the food as we only have one fridge.

When my parents were alive, we always did the traditional Christmas lunch-the pork, chicken, ham, hot veggies, plum pudding etc and continued it for a few years but then after my brother died (2014), my sister & I suddenly looked at each other and said- it doesn't have to be that way any more, we can do what suits the younger members.

So now we have the pork and ham and chicken but with salads. None of the younger adults will eat plum pudding so we just have pavs or cheesecake or whatever,

And always Christmas crackers, that's one tradition we won't give up.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Christmas day will be a slightly "quiet time" for us this year.  We are doing the European Christmas thing where everyone arrives before dinner on Christmas eve, open gifts, have a great supper and then they go home to have an Australian Christmas the next day ..  ... Woman Happy

In previous years we've done the Australian thing but want to do it differently for 2019.

christmaslight.gif

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

My twin grandaughters love Christmas.

Their birthday is Boxing Day.

So, they have our European Christmas tradition of gifts on Christmas Eve.

Their partner's Christmas Day gifts.

And then their birthday on Boxing Day.

Who wouldn't love 3 days of presents?

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Just the two of us (me and the cat).

I havent thought about food.  Maybe some chops, with pudding or chocolates for dessert, not sure yet.

The cat isn't into human food so she will just get her usual meals.  She likes the Purina Felix dry treats so this year I've bought her a present - a cat themed tin of all four flavours.  They've got them at Woolies. 🙂

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Not sure what we are doing BUT ITS SAD........Our little girl is all grown up and flying solo to Europe in a few days time. She will be staying with the family of an international exchange student after they became friends at school last year. Christmas for the daughter is planned to be skiing at the snow somewhere so a genuine white christmas. My christmas will be spent worrying that she is OK and safe.....Smiley Sad.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply