Christmas

What are  you doing for Christmas day?

Feast.......the whole family/friends   gathering ?

or

Famine .......nothing much?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Christmas

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

Just the two of us (me and the cat).

I havent thought about food.  Maybe some chops, with pudding or chocolates for dessert, not sure yet.

The cat isn't into human food so she will just get her usual meals.  She likes the Purina Felix dry treats so this year I've bought her a present - a cat themed tin of all four flavours.  They've got them at Woolies. 🙂

Nearly every cat I've given it to loves Peck's Anchovette Fish Paste. I only feed it as a treat, but they get so excited. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Chameleon - you have the nets.

The first time mine went at 18 - she was told if she didn't text every 10 minutes she was in big bother.

The telephone bill has now been settled. lol

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

@domino-710 wrote:

Chameleon - you have the nets.

The first time mine went at 18 - she was told if she didn't text every 10 minutes she was in big bother.

The telephone bill has now been settled. lol

When mine flew the nest at 18, there was no such thing as mobile phones. 

She left on a bus to Brisbane.    Not exactly close by.

And STD phone calls were expensive.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Yes - the first time I ever travelled my parents knew I was OK a week ago.

The time it took for weekly letters & postcards. 

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Christmas Shopping.

I have a friend who needs this badly.

images (6).jpeg

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

Just the three of us.  Roast whole turkey with sage and onion stuffing. Roast vegetables, after dinner mints. Plum pudding and custard. All gluten free.  Watching movies (DVD'S all day)

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

On the subject of Silly Season I had an interesting one today. 

I live in a reasonably large regional city with plenty of people and at least half a dozen banks. Around lunch time I went to my quite large local ANZ ( employs at least a dozen full time staff ) to draw out a few thousand dollars cash to pay for some building materials. The line up, waiting for the three tellers on duty ran to the door. When I finally got to the desk and asked for several $k the staff member asked me if I would take it in ten and twenty dollar notes. Turns out the bank had been that busy with people taking money out for holidays and Christmas that they had basically RUN OUT OF MONEY......Man Surprised and they still had the afternoon to go.

Never seen that before, especially at a major bank branch.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

LOL - try asking for a 1968 1 & 2 cent piece in your change. 

Frightens the beejeeesus out of them. lol

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas

get used to it....gone are the days where banks hold cash....when was the last time you heard about a bank robbery?

If you want a large amount you're now expected to order it & pay for that privilege....the days of 'service' are long gone 😞
Message 20 of 27
Latest reply