Do Government have a Moral Obligation to keep us Healthy?

For those non Victorians, who cannot comprehend what if feels like to be in lockdown for as long as we have been. 

If there was to be another outbreak, would you rather the government lock you down for say 6 month and close the vast majority of businesses or the government observe your right to freedom?

Discuss

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I suppose those who are selfish can shift to America

Signatures suck.
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

There is no right to freedom of virtually anything in Australia, so your question is a non sequiter.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Since the information is out there on how to protect yourself, another way to put the questions might be:

Should you be able to choose your own level of protection or should the government force your compliance and legislate against your stupidity?

Interesting questions... 

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

The question becomes one of rights and responsibilities. Everyone thinks they should have rights, but a large number refuse to accept they have a social responsibility.

The virus has a life cycle of around 14 - 21 days so why is there any need to lock everyone down for six months ? The answer is there are too many who refuse to accept their social responsibility to abide by the health advice for the sake of everyone.

It appears in Victoria many of the people who did not respect the health advise where from social minority groups. Some others where simply selfish people who couldn't give a rats. In the case of BLM rallies at the height of the pandemic, you had both grouped together. Rather than **bleep** footing around these groups because of political correctness,  maybe stricter legal sanctions should have been imposed so that they got the message a lot quicker.

The lockdowns are a social contract that requires everyone to do the right thing so that they can be lifted as quickly as possible and not drag on for 6 months.

edit - my cat is offended by that *bleep*, He says it breaches his rights.......Man Very Happy

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

I suppose those who are selfish can shift to America

or

if ya wanna experience a govt that takes no responsibility for its citizens health try north korea

me, i'll take aussie govt of either persuasion over any other country in the world

(ok maybe new zealand)

can the OP name a country hed rather be in right during the past 6 months?

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

There are a lot of people in other countries going on about their rights and freedom of choice. But they don't appear to be doing to well with Covid.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

22 OCTOBER 2020:
11 COUNTRIES WITHOUT CORONAVIRUS

1. North Korea 🇰🇵 

2. Turkmenistan 🇹🇲

3. Vanuatu 🇻🇺

4. Samoa 🇼🇸

5. Kiribati 🇰🇮

6. Federated States of Micronesia 🇫🇲

7. Tonga 🇹🇴 

8. Marshall Islands 🇲🇭

9. Palau 🇵🇼

10. Tuvalu 🇹🇻

11. Nauru 🇳🇷

As of 22/10/2020, these countries all have no reported cases of the COVID-19 novel Coronavirus. 

So how did these countries manage to be amongst the very few to have no cases of a virus that has affected more than a million people worldwide? 

https://koryogroup.com/blog/are-there-countries-without-coronavirus

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

We can probably rule out NK - they aren't going to say.

Perhaps - the rest - all small islands - when borders closed - no-one visited.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Well I think one of them hasn't been all that truthful. Can you guess which one?

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply