Germaine Greer

Have just been listening to an interview on ABC 24 and she called Juliar Gillard an organ grinders monkey the way she dressed. Here was this wrinkled stick with a head of hair that looked like she had put her hand in the power socket critisizing how another person looked. I personally have never admired this loud, overbearing feminist.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 1 of 227
Latest reply
226 REPLIES 226

Germaine Greer

pot/kettle

Message 2 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

I watched that and thought the same, she has a stomach like a beer drinking old man. Oooops!

Message 3 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

I watched the One-on-One interview on Ch2 on Friday.  As I remember, Germaine was referring to Julia being manipulated by the "Organ Grinders" and not only in the wardrobe department.  She went on to say,  that now Julia dresses herself, she appears more comfortable.  

And in the same vein, don't you think Germaine's hair was manipulated by the ABC's hair and makeup department?

But then again, (I am arguing with myself here) would Germaine agree to being manipulated by them?  Is she trying to sell something?

DEB

Message 4 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@polksaladallie wrote:

pot/kettle

Please explain all I said was "I personally have never admired this loud, overbearing feminist." that is an opinion not a critisism.

Message 5 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

I agree with your appraisal of Greer, it has a lot to answer for on judgement day. Contributing to the removal of femininity from women had thrown so much turmoil into the world.

All because she was envious of men's appendages, no wonder men shunned her and the more she got shunned the more envious she became.

Where as a woman with femininity intact can have any amount of said appendage at her beck and call ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 6 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

You have lambasted Greer for (mistakenly) criticising Gillard's appearance, and then you did the same of Greer, as have others here.

If you watch the interview again, you will realise that she was criticising the Labor Party machine, not the woman.

Message 7 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

Poddster, while you are entitled to your opinion, you are so wrong about Greer's private life.

Answer this, do you feel the same way about the GG?   Before you answer, do you know that she was and still is one of the fiercest feminists in the country?

Message 8 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@polksaladallie wrote:

You have lambasted Greer for (mistakenly) criticising Gillard's appearance, and then you did the same of Greer, as have others here.

If you watch the interview again, you will realise that she was criticising the Labor Party machine, not the woman.

She did say that the way JG dressed was like an organ grinders monkey, if JG did not wish to be dressed by others (who obviously did not have much taste)  then she should have stated she would choose her own attire as long as it was suitable. No one made her wear that black and white striped jacket that she wore so often and I would imagine she may have a difficult figure to clothe.

Anyway I think you are a bit off the track, I was (for the first time ever) sticking up for JG and thought GG comments were inapropriate for our PM whether it be now or then, male or female.

If you agree and are an admirer of GG then that is your choice, I don't think she is not worth the air she breathes and has done more harm than good. I agree with poddster, she would love to have something hanging where it is not.

Message 9 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

Gillard did not have the choice of clothing, that is the point.

Message 10 of 227
Latest reply