Germaine Greer

Have just been listening to an interview on ABC 24 and she called Juliar Gillard an organ grinders monkey the way she dressed. Here was this wrinkled stick with a head of hair that looked like she had put her hand in the power socket critisizing how another person looked. I personally have never admired this loud, overbearing feminist.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 1 of 227
Latest reply
226 REPLIES 226

Germaine Greer

I think Greer is so much more than what we are seeing now, where would we be today if not for her and what she stood for and showed us?

She challenged the accepted concepts of marriage, the nuclear family and the obligation to breed, exhorting us instead to be doctors and lawyers and businesswomen.

Rosie Boycott

She succeeded. (and so did we) She was also quite beautiful as a younger woman.

Message 11 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

What I have observed in many feminists is that in championing the equality for women they neglect to acknowledge the difference between the genders, men are attracted by those differences and not by watered down attributes akin to their own.

Most men are not attracted to affiliate men, and that tis the direction that rabid feminism is directing women.

"Be a man but not quite"

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 12 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@azureline** wrote:

She is still a beautiful woman, especially now that she is being herself, and no longer micro-managed by the machine, as Greer said.

Message 13 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

You haven't answered my earlier question, Poddster.

Regarding what feminists look like, how do you know when faced with a lot of women who are all lovely to look at (whatever that means), and all dressed as you would like, who are feminists and who are not?

Message 14 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

vive la diffรฉrenceโ€Ž

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 15 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@polksaladallie wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

She is still a beautiful woman, especially now that she is being herself, and no longer micro-managed by the machine, as Greer said.

Are your glasses "rose coloured" or are you just trying to be augumentitive ? She is definately NOT beautiful on the outside but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you must be besotted. LOL

Message 16 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

I didn't need to augment.   Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@polksaladallie wrote:

You haven't answered my earlier question, Poddster.

Regarding what feminists look like, how do you know when faced with a lot of women who are all lovely to look at (whatever that means), and all dressed as you would like, who are feminists and who are not?

may I answer that ? I will anyway.

You can't tell until they open their mouth and speak.

Message 18 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

My reference was not just looks, that would be shallow.

I refer to attitude and all a person has to do is open their mouth and out it pours,  thats when regardless of phisical appearence Ugly shines through.

Message 19 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@polksaladallie wrote:

I didn't need to augment.   Smiley Happy

OK, I accept your choice not to supplement, enlarge or expand your answers.

Message 20 of 227
Latest reply