Have they determined whether the police

Fired and hit any of the hostages yesterday yet?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 160
Latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Have they determined whether the police

@donnashuggy wrote:

Does that mean that the hostages who perhaps saw things have to zip their lips? ....Because of the investigation?

How would I know? Smiley Happy

As a guess I would think they would all be interviewed independently by the police. Whether they do media interviews before the police investigation is concluded anyone's guess. I believe they are too traumatised yet for any questioning. (which is totally understandable).

Message 21 of 160
Latest reply

Yes I suppose, it has been bad enough with so many varied reports but there is always someone that knows someone and the talking starts. The worst part of this whole thing is that it could have been avoided if he was locked up where he should have been.

Photobucket
Message 22 of 160
Latest reply

It is hard for authorities ( Judges, parole board) to predict what some humans are capable off.Woman Sad

People who lose family, close friends to murderers with criminal history (out on bail) must always have that going on in their head.. why was that person allowed bail etc.

The bail laws are changing in NSW early 2015, so hopefully that will prevent someone like this man being out in public while awaiting sentencing.

Message 23 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

Does that mean that the hostages who perhaps saw things have to zip their lips? ....Because of the investigation?

I doubt if the hostages had the time to look; their only interest was the door and to get out of there as fast as they could. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 24 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

Fired and hit any of the hostages yesterday yet?

nope.  dont expect any news until all the

investigation has been completed - ballistic

tests etc. 

i heard commissioner scipione this morning

during press conference saying not to expect

any details for some time yet.

that hasnt topped media reports though -

Lindt cafe victim Tori Johnson was shot dead in the final act of the Sydney siege, killed by Man Haron Monis as other hostages fled.

Hostages held at gunpoint in a Sydney cafe for more than 16 hours were told they would be "dead in the morning", prompting them to smash a lock off a door and run for their lives.

Sources have told 9NEWS Monis fired one shot from a sawn-off shotgun. Mr Johnson was shot in the head.

Message 25 of 160
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Nasty post... using the tragic deaths of two people to make pot shots at another person.

@azureline** wrote:

That's a post unworthy of you Icy.

Yeah sure. Very sorry , but I'm totally over ppl trying to lay the blame of these 2 tragic deaths at the feet of the Aus police officers.

Message 26 of 160
Latest reply

Has everyone watched the video from the outside of what was going on inside the cafe from the Ch 7 Cameraman ?

Just shows the enironment they work with for those couple of minutes.

Message 27 of 160
Latest reply

I didn't read the thread as a blame thread.

Regardeless, aside from the police who were wearing night vision goggles, I doubt anyone saw anything including the gunman.

Firstly it was dark in there.

Secondly it was mayhem.

I hope it doesn't turn out that any of the shots fired by the police injured anyone as it would be awful to have that around their necks after waiting so many hours for the sige to end.

I also hope that those hostages that made the break don't suffer any guilt for sparking the shootout. Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 160
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Nasty post... using the tragic deaths of two people to make pot shots at another person.

@azureline** wrote:

That's a post unworthy of you Icy.

Yeah sure. Very sorry , but I'm totally over ppl trying to lay the blame of these 2 tragic deaths at the feet of the Aus police officers.

What you wrote above (in bold) would have done the job, first comment was a low blow.

Message 29 of 160
Latest reply

martini - I also hope that those hostages that made the break don't suffer any guilt for sparking the shootout. :smileysad:

Me too. Although two lots  escaped (according to news reports) much earlier in the day.

Fight or flight (flee) responses.

Message 30 of 160
Latest reply