Have they determined whether the police

Fired and hit any of the hostages yesterday yet?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 160
Latest reply
6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@nero_wulf wrote:

Words fail me.

lets blame the police now... is that it  from you???

Is this your new attack... The police? 

Why dont you go and do a bit of reasearch for once instead of putting up INFLAMMATORY  topics like this.

Tori Johnson and Katrina Dawson were executed by Man Haron Monis, police investigation shows 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/tori-johnson-and-katrina-dawson-were-executed-by-man-haron...

I think it's comprehension that is failing you Nero. The only question asked was had it been ascertained whether one or more of the hostages might have been hit by friendly fire.

It's a legitimate question.That does sometimes happen in situations like that and  imagine the trauma for the  poor police officerconcerned  if he learnt that in trying to save someone's life he had accidentally killed them - I don't know about you, but if it that been the case my heart would be breaking for him.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 160
Latest reply

It is hard for authorities ( Judges, parole board) to predict what some humans are capable off.Woman Sad

People who lose family, close friends to murderers with criminal history (out on bail) must always have that going on in their head.. why was that person allowed bail etc.

The bail laws are changing in NSW early 2015, so hopefully that will prevent someone like this man being out in public while awaiting sentencing.

Message 23 of 160
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

"I have read that was valid was the clear vision the police had of him and could have taken him out before any of this happened."

Really ? Where was that written or said ?

Clear vision but not a clear shot - they had glass in the way and glass deflects bullets and might (almost certainly will) spray glass shards throughout the inside of the cafe where you had hostages spread all over with every glass shard likely to cut and injure.

In addition, if it was that thick glass with a plastic layer through it, you have even more problems ?

Unless you are 100% certain of a kill shot, a sniper shot does not combine the elements of surprise,

maximum disorientation (flash bangs), maximum force and maximum entries at the same time.

The snipers in view did their secondary job of identifying when it all turned badly and where the hostage was located

who had been shot.

There is a system for shooting  a person though glass involving at least 2 snipers and the composition of the glass could have been obtained from the building plan details.

This is a question that comes up after  these instances where,in some cases it was a clear shot, and pepole were killed because the shot was not taken.

It is my belief that person/persons that place people in these positions do not derserve any consideration.

Message 51 of 160
Latest reply

I always think that when the posts become a bit personal, its a sign that some don't have much to work with

Message 68 of 160
Latest reply

no matter which bullet hit her the fault still lies entirey with the creature that took her hostage and caused the situation.

Message 144 of 160
Latest reply

@idlewhile wrote:

If she was hit by a ricochet bullet then the police are not to blame. Not too sure why this thread was posted, was it to blame somebody other than the terrorist, whip up distrust of our police?

I can only imagine the terror of the police who had to go in there, face a killer and try to kill him before he killed them.

In siege situations there is sometimes collateral damage, we all know that.

Why do we ALL HAVE TO KNOW? why do we all have the right to know the ins and outs of a horrific police situation. Why is it demanded that the police do such a dangerous job and then try to winkle out something to blame them for,  the outcome was excellent and they should have the support of the nation instead of this.

The outcome would have been excellent if innocent people had not been killed.  No, the outcome was not excellent.

The police do have support and people do have the right to ask questions.  It's not an either or situation.

Message 157 of 160
Latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Good question. Hopefully we are allowed the truth
Message 2 of 160
Latest reply

gleee58
Community Member

Ask the PM, he knows more than the police apparently.

Message 3 of 160
Latest reply

nero_bolt
Community Member

Words fail me.

lets blame the police now... is that it  from you???

Is this your new attack... The police? 

Why dont you go and do a bit of reasearch for once instead of putting up INFLAMMATORY  topics like this.

Tori Johnson and Katrina Dawson were executed by Man Haron Monis, police investigation shows 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/tori-johnson-and-katrina-dawson-were-executed-by-man-haron...

Sydney siege victim Tori Johnson shot dead at close range after hostages fled

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/12/17/18/13/tori-johnson-executed-in-lindt-cafe#CYyt1rfSyOx0dD...

Message 4 of 160
Latest reply

aps1080
Community Member
I am sure the police know but as it is a current investigation nothing will be said.

You know when you pull the trigger what the sight picture is / was and youd know if you accidentally hit a hostage.

Message 5 of 160
Latest reply

Not yet Donna, I expect we'll hear more about it when there is a proper inquiry
Message 6 of 160
Latest reply

If they have then it does show that police can shoot without killing innocent people I suppose. I did read that one was shot in the foot.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 160
Latest reply

Not blaming the police, maybe just waiting for the over reactions and accusations.

It didn't take long did it.

Message 8 of 160
Latest reply

I'll dismiss that post Nero if you don't mind.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 160
Latest reply

It's still unclear how the other hostage Katrina Dawson died and police are waiting on forensic reports to assist their investigation.

From nine news
 photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 10 of 160
Latest reply