Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

The Interview: Hollywood slams Sony, movie theatres for cancelling controversial film

Hollywood filmmakers and actors have voiced outrage after Sony Pictures pulled the release of North Korea parody The Interview, following threats from hackers who waged a massive cyberattack on the movie studio. Actors Ben Stiller, Steve Carell, Rob ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful

The WWI Christmas Truce

IT was one of the most remarkable events of any war, an unexpected outbreak of humanity in a cold, muddy hell, 100 years ago this week. But did the famous World War I Christmas truce really happen the way it’s been portrayed in movies and assorted st...

• 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful

The First Silent Night Documentary SBS One Tonight

If our feature on the history of Christmas carols this week has piqued your interest, check out this documentary on the fascinating story of the much-loved Christmas carol Silent Night After the premiere performance of Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht on ...

stille Nacht.jpg
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful

A CHRISTMAS POEM FROM THE ELEPHANT

Oh little world of Ebay land,In friendship let's unite,It's Christmas Eve and not the time To bicker and to fight.Let's set aside our quarrels,And this great truth embrace:We're each of us a part of justOne single human race. A Merry Christmas to you...

Tell Us What You Realy Think

Pope Francis says Vatican administration is sick with power and greed Vatican City: The Vatican's top administrators would have been expecting an exchange of pleasantries at their annual Christmas meeting with Pope Francis on Monday. Instead, Francis...

• 15 replies
  • 1 Helpful

forum juxtaposition

juxtapositionˌdʒʌkstəpəˈzɪʃ(ə)n/noun the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.A mentally unhinged woman possibly affected by ice terrorizes (by reportedly locking them into rooms and slowly slaughtering them)...

Australia, People Power Does Work!

BREAKING NEWS: WE DID IT FOLKS - AUSTRALIA BRINGS CHARLIE PHILLOTT HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.Yes, believe it or not – it’s absolutely true!Charlie Phillott gets his beloved home Carisbrooke Station back not just for Christmas – but forever.The ANZ Bank has ...

charlie Phillott.jpg
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Helpful

Wine enthusiasts? Am I missing something here?

Okay it's been awhile since I've bought wine to drink. I'm more your scotch drinker but I do love a crisp dry white wine when it's being offered. So I go into a bottle shop and I can't find a Chablis anywhere. I ask the young 19 year old staff person...

• 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Joe Cocker :-(

Passed away, aged 70. You will be missed by many with your distinctive voice (amongst other things). From Woodstock, Mad Dogs & Englishmen to Up Where We Belong. A true musician and character. Rest in Peace. You Are So Beautiful : http://youtu.be/wlD...

• 18 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Labor Leader John Robertson Acted On Behalf Of Siege Gunman

New South Wales Opposition Leader John Robertson sent a letter on behalf of the Lindt cafe gunman to a government department over a family custody matter, it has emerged. The gunman was on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his former wife,...

• 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful