Have they determined whether the police

Fired and hit any of the hostages yesterday yet?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 160
Latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Tori Johnson and Katrina Dawson were executed by Man Haron Monis, police investigation shows.

No Nero Katrina Dawson suffered a heart attack, she wasn't executed. 

Message 11 of 160
Latest reply

@nero_wulf wrote:

Words fail me.

lets blame the police now... is that it  from you???

Is this your new attack... The police? 

Why dont you go and do a bit of reasearch for once instead of putting up INFLAMMATORY  topics like this.

Tori Johnson and Katrina Dawson were executed by Man Haron Monis, police investigation shows 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/tori-johnson-and-katrina-dawson-were-executed-by-man-haron...

I think it's comprehension that is failing you Nero. The only question asked was had it been ascertained whether one or more of the hostages might have been hit by friendly fire.

It's a legitimate question.That does sometimes happen in situations like that and  imagine the trauma for the  poor police officerconcerned  if he learnt that in trying to save someone's life he had accidentally killed them - I don't know about you, but if it that been the case my heart would be breaking for him.

Message 12 of 160
Latest reply

Ricochets could well be a problem in that environment.

I dont think the police use frangible bullets so bullets would be bouncing around everywhere.
Message 13 of 160
Latest reply

There were eyewitnesses there. 17 hostages. Each and everyone will have a story to tell. There won't be anything hidden.

All has to be taken into account. Thankfully not more people were killed.

Erica

Message 14 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

No. Do you really expect the police to release any thing like that when they are in the process of carrying out a critical incident investigation? .. Officers to be interviewed about their actions etc....

Seasoned detective Inspector Angelo Memmolo is heading the critical incident investigation into the Martin Place siege, which will formally establish how gunman Man Monis and two hostages died.

The investigation will examine the actions of police in storming the Lindt cafe 16 hours later, resulting in the end of the siege and the deaths of Monis, barrister Katrina Dawson and hotel manager Tori Johnson.

Inspector Memmolo will be assisted by Detective Inspector Grant Taylor, who headed the high-profile critical incident investigation into the murder of Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson.

Homicide commander Superintendent Mick Willing has previously spoken to Fairfax Media about the burden of critical investigations on his squad.

"[Critical incidents] have traditionally placed a big burden on my guys here because they really have to drop everything to do them," Superintendent Willing said.

Homicide squad investigators are put in charge of critical incident investigations, which are held when a police officer is killed or someone dies as a result of the use of police force or firearms.

SMH

Message 15 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

If they have then it does show that police can shoot without killing innocent people I suppose. I did read that one was shot in the foot.

One what? One who was killed or one who escaped alive?

One that escaped - A 52-year-old female who received a gunshot wound to the foot

Very sad that 2 innocent people died. I can't understand all the speculation and angst and blame.. doesn't change the outcome.

Message 16 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

Dunno Donna, but I'm sure you'll have the T-Shirts ready.

Message 17 of 160
Latest reply

Nasty post... using the tragic deaths of two people to make pot shots at another person.

Message 18 of 160
Latest reply

That's a post unworthy of you Icy.

Message 19 of 160
Latest reply

Does that mean that the hostages who perhaps saw things have to zip their lips? ....Because of the investigation?

Photobucket
Message 20 of 160
Latest reply