Have they determined whether the police

Fired and hit any of the hostages yesterday yet?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 160
Latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Have they determined whether the police

Some of the media "headlines" are totally out of proportion to what the articles say and it seems only half of the information

is out there. It will be interesting to rad the coroners report.

I hope she only got hit by a ricochet but these things do happen in hostage situations, regardless of training.

Message 141 of 160
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Does anyone in their right mind belive that the police are that dumb or careless to hit a hostage?

it is unbelievable that the thought even entered the the furtille imagination, only someone who wants to stir the cauldron would think of it.

Disgusting !!!

I doubt it was carelessness that caused it.

Photobucket
Message 142 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

@poddster wrote:

Does anyone in their right mind belive that the police are that dumb or careless to hit a hostage?

it is unbelievable that the thought even entered the the furtille imagination, only someone who wants to stir the cauldron would think of it.

Disgusting !!!

I doubt it was carelessness that caused it.

apparently it was a ricocheting bullet.

Message 143 of 160
Latest reply

no matter which bullet hit her the fault still lies entirey with the creature that took her hostage and caused the situation.

Message 144 of 160
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

no matter which bullet hit her the fault still lies entirey with the creature that took her hostage and caused the situation.

Of course it does.................. but someone decided to make it part of the media circus, unnecessary imo. Did the public need to know?

Message 145 of 160
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

@*pepe wrote:

Of course it does.................. but someone decided to make it part of the media circus, unnecessary imo. Did the public need to know?

Yes I think everyone should know the truth, it may even assist with their handling and improvement of process in the future. It has been also reported that they could have shot him dead with no casualties.

Photobucket
Message 146 of 160
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

@*pepe wrote:

Yes I think everyone should know the truth, it may even assist with their handling and improvement of process in the future. It has been also reported that they could have shot him dead with no casualties.

You really dont like the police do you.....  

So what is the problem or issues you have with police? 

Message 147 of 160
Latest reply

donna

"It has been also reported that they could have shot him dead with no casualties."

Do you have a link to this ?

I've read pretty widely on this and have yet to see any credible report saying he could have been taken out without any casualties

or taken out with one bullet, marksmanship style.

"it may even assist with their handling and improvement of process in the future"

The Police themselves will be highly evaluative of what went on, even critical with the basis of improving for the future.

The people at the top of the tree in this sort of thing will also go over it and provide feedback.

Message 148 of 160
Latest reply

So do you believe they chose not to? Do you think they wanted innocents to die?

They are saying it was likely a ricochet so its not like they aimed for her.

How exactly does the general public knowing that she was hit by a ricocheting bullet help police procedures? The only real way to avoid that is not use bullets...I'm sure that would be effective Smiley Indifferent

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 149 of 160
Latest reply

And in regards to reporters trying to split hairs and create issues and second guess the Police, this is a good one.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/police-divided-over-strategy-during-lindt-cafe-siege-in-martin-place-...

"On the night of December 15, many hours into the siege, senior police drew up a "direct action" plan, under which they would storm the cafe and take Monis by surprise."

Really ?

A direct action plan would have been worked on from the start, not "many hours into the siege". It might have been finalised hours into the siege, once the first hostages came out and they could get a better idea of what was going on inside.

"Instead, police had to adopt the reactive "emergency action" after Monis fired his first shot, into the ceiling, at 2.03am. Monis fired as a response to the escape of six of his remaining 13 hostages."

The whole point of a EA is reactive, when it all turns to carp and an emergency assault has to be undertaken.

I think we will see a whole load more "critical" articles in the future and second guessing of the Police actions.

Message 150 of 160
Latest reply