Jack Russell question

My J R Terrier has developed a small hard lump under his right eye. I took him to the vet last week and he gave him a load of anti biopics which has not helped.
Has any one else with a JR had a similar problem?
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Jack Russell question

@***super_nova*** wrote:

It grows rather fast for anything too worrying.  But why did not the vet do biopsy when he had the dog today?

Super Nova, it was because I had given him breakfast earlier this morning and as a general anaesthetic is involved they could not do it.

Thanks for your reassurance, I appreciate it.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Just heard from the vet. They didn't do a biopsy when they started realised that it was a large tumor and operated instead to remove. Apparently it was encased in the muscle under his eye. They won't know until the tumor is tested what kind it is and if they got it all.
To top it all off we have just got back from taking my OH to the oral surgeon and they want to operate on Friday to remove all of his teeth before hip surgery.
Total cost of today's excursions $5500.
Where's the scotch. 😁😁😁😁😁
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@jean2579 wrote:
Just heard from the vet. They didn't do a biopsy when they started realised that it was a large tumor and operated instead to remove. Apparently it was encased in the muscle under his eye. They won't know until the tumor is tested what kind it is and if they got it all.
To top it all off we have just got back from taking my OH to the oral surgeon and they want to operate on Friday to remove all of his teeth before hip surgery.
Total cost of today's excursions $5500.
Where's the scotch. 😁😁😁😁😁

((( Heart ))) Gee, whizz,Jean,  you are certainly having a week of it. I do hope the news for your little dog is good. Will you be able to reclaim any of the money for your OH's ops?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I think I would have gone for 2nd opinion.  Who is your vet? 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Hi she_ele, because it is dental, 19 teeth to be removed, no Medicare rebate available. The orthopaedic surgeon won't operate on his hip until his teeth are removed due to a high risk of infection. The hip surgery is urgent.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

I think I would have gone for 2nd opinion.  Who is your vet? 

Why a second opinion, I don't understand.  It was a fast-growing growth and they get removed, and then a biopsy is done. I hope all is well with the little one Jean. 

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

In view of what you write J2579 I would assert that the action by the vet would appear correct.  As for your remaining financial millstones you have my sympathy.

Good luck with all your family.

John.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Just got the vet results. Soft tissue sarcoma which was malignant. They feel that they got it all. Again thank you all for your advice.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply