My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

I am sure it will look lovely once it is all finished ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking like warmer weather next week, so hopefully hubs will be getting into some painting here as well.
Message 511 of 6,720
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

That is so true.  Recently I decided to make a start just with my bathroom and see how I went.  I even went and bought the sample tins to check which one I wanted.  

Ex was here at the time and he said to go and get the ladder and see if I would be able to do it before I made a start.  He was dead right.  I couldn't get myself past the second step.

Such a shame because I really used to enjoy house painting.

I had better send my Mr German Painterman over to help you out J Woman Very Happy I offered him morning tea but he only wanted water, so you won't need to make scones.

Message 512 of 6,720
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised The pepper grinder just fell apart while I was cooking dinner and the chicken and sweetcorn soup is now full of peppercorns.....It wont worry me, but I dont think the kids will be very impressed lol.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 513 of 6,720
Latest reply

Woman Frustrated Punchy

Message 514 of 6,720
Latest reply

Joono That is the prob we have here, hubs has a disabled leg, so it makes for slow progress climbing up and down ladders. I love my high ceilings but not at painting time lol
Message 515 of 6,720
Latest reply

Oh darn ....
Message 516 of 6,720
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:
Joono That is the prob we have here, hubs has a disabled leg, so it makes for slow progress climbing up and down ladders. I love my high ceilings but not at painting time lol

Cant you get a pole long enough? We used to have 12" foot ceilings and, apart from the cutting in, we did it all with a roller on a pole.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 517 of 6,720
Latest reply

How do you do the cutting in underneath the architraves though?  I would make a hell of a mess.

Joono
Message 518 of 6,720
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

Smiley Surprised The pepper grinder just fell apart while I was cooking dinner and the chicken and sweetcorn soup is now full of peppercorns.....It wont worry me, but I dont think the kids will be very impressed lol.

Had that happen when I made a pot of soup at my daughters house. Fishing out whole pepper corns a s quick as I could. No ome complained. Poor pepper grinder was a throw out though

Message 519 of 6,720
Latest reply

I have to admit I had reservations about the colour for the kitchen, but it looks lovely....much better than I thought.  Now you need a purple kettle and accessories.

Love the colour in the other rooms and look forward to seeing the finished rooms complete with curtains.  It certainly looks lighter than the original patch that you posted.

Message 520 of 6,720
Latest reply