My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

I used to just paint everything and move all the furniture around when he wasn't home.

Poor thing never knew what he was cominjg home to  Woman LOL

Message 561 of 6,720
Latest reply

Yeah gets a bit like that around here at times ( apart from the painting )  I kinda like renovating it's a challenge lol

Message 562 of 6,720
Latest reply

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Bushie.

I would definitely paint the wood panelling.  

In regard to colour?  I can see two ways.  

1. The whole wall painted the one colour with matt on the plain surface and a semi gloss on the panelling

2. A light semi gloss colour on the boards with a different hue above.

Get the best paint brush you can afford.  They will last for ages and do the job more easily.

For the panelling, consider 2 coats of primer/undercoat for coverage

I think trestles/planks would be the go for your handyman for the cutting in at ceiling height. I suggest doing a wide ceiling cutting in for the whole perimeter. By then the original ceiling cutting in is dry enough for the wide band of wall cutting in.  It can be started at the same point and paint in the same direction.  Then proceed with the roller work.  (while the trestles are rented out to the neighbours who will copy cat your renosSmiley Very Happy)

Oh......and make sure he has his underpants on when he's above eye level.  Otherwise there might be more panting than painting.

DEB

Message 563 of 6,720
Latest reply

(((Freddie)))

I NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 564 of 6,720
Latest reply

All sorted, thanks to the mods which puts me in a better mood. Woman Tongue

Painting all finished curtains about up - coffee break with a slice of coffee cake Smiley Tongue ( thanks to Mr Woolworths) I think it looks amazing. Pictures tomorrow hopefully and the china needs to go back in my display units. Mr Painterman paid and very happy, he will be invited back to do the bedrooms, bathroom, toilet and hallway. I promised I would send him pictures when the place is back to normal.

Message 565 of 6,720
Latest reply

I'm expecting you here on 1 November to sort out my unit, Freddie ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 566 of 6,720
Latest reply

Glad to see things have been sorted to your satisfaction (and to your many fans' satisfaction). 

Okay.....I can't wait for the big reveal from a proud renovator.  Photos expected soonish.  

Then a little rest after a busy, busy week?

All the wondering about colour decisions, adjudications, ruby coloured gift selection, that coffee and cake was deserved.

DEBHeart

Message 567 of 6,720
Latest reply

All done except for 1 display unit and then pictures, but not until tomorrow. Heart

Message 568 of 6,720
Latest reply

I am renting otherwise I would be renovating up a storm. This house needs a new kitchen, new bathrooms and the garden is a mess. There are also termites eating the fences away and the retaining walls. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 569 of 6,720
Latest reply

Great to see you back posting Freddie ๐Ÿ™‚ looking forward to seeing the finished pics, I am sure your rooms looks lovely ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 570 of 6,720
Latest reply