My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

Some people can go full term with no signs they are pregnant. It has often been reported, with photos as proof.

Message 61 of 193
Latest reply

That information hasn't been disclosed. I doubt anyone more than the mother of the child (and possibly some of her family members) knows the circumstances leading up to the dumping of the baby yet.

It will be a matter for the Court now, she first appears in Court on Friday I believe. 

Message 62 of 193
Latest reply

Mental illness is hard to prove or disprove.

Message 63 of 193
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

This could be interesting to some.

This is the profile of neonaticide, the murder of a newborn in its first 24 hours of life, and a form of infanticide peculiar to industrialised countries. Most people in Australia have probably never heard of neonaticide. There is no separate provision for neonaticide in Australian law. People are either charged with manslaughter or murder, or more rarely infanticide.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/sins-of-the-mother-the-tragedy-of-neonaticide-20101218-191ee.html#ixz...

In England it is called  infanticide. (Or it was - it may have changed since I lived there) It is recognised  in law as a lesser charge than murder.

It is hard to imagine how a mother could dump her child like that, but at the same time, but the degree of her culpability is not dependant on our powers of imagination

Message 64 of 193
Latest reply

I advise you to never go to the city, because without doubt, you will pass by someone with schizophrenia.

They will be minding their business just as you will be doing.

You have a strange view of this illness.

Message 65 of 193
Latest reply

A policeman was stabbed and killed by a mother-son duo.  The hearing is currently underway

Quote:  "

Barbieri will not face the mandatory life sentence that applies for the murder of a police officer because of mental health issues.

The court heard that Fiona Barbieri was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia at the time and Mitchell Barbieri had experienced "a transferred delusional disorder" from his mother, who was the dominant member of their relationship " end quote

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/brother-of-murdered-police-officer-bryson-anderson-tells-court-of-shattere...

Quote: 

" The court has previously heard that Mitchell and Fiona Barbieri had engaged in a course of paranoid, delusional behaviour before, during and after the siege, which began when they clashed with their neighbour in the outer Sydney, semi-rural suburb of Oakville.

Mitchell Barbieri confronted Inspector Anderson, picked up a large kitchen knife and stabbed him twice as he stood next to the back door " end quote, Source same as above

" The court has previously heard " .....

Heard from whom?   The defence ?

So we have the claim that the mother suffers from paranoid schizophrenia

and reportedly, the son 'caught it '  from her, basically

Yet until they stabbed a police officer to death, was this pair of now 'mentally ill'  individuals functioning in society ?  Did they go shopping without stabbing people ?  Did they do their gardening without murdering neighbours and passers-by ?  How did they manage to obtain their driver's licences?   Did they pay their electricity etc. bills without going on murderous rampages ?  Did they attend doctors' appointments, dentists' appointments without stabbing other patients ?   Did they go to stores to buy themselves a new tv, new furniture, clothing, food, without raging around sticking knives into people ?  

My bet is, they functioned pretty well if not completely normally ---- until they were charged with murder and got themselves a legal team

The police officer is still dead.  His family probably isn't feeling too mentally stable knowing how their husband, father, brother, son died in the line of duty at the hands of a mother and son duo who will NOT face a mandatory life sentence for murdering a police officer because the mother reportedly suffers paranoid schizophrenia which her son 'caught' from her --- but which will NOT prevent him from engaging in relationships, marrying, having children and a LONG, happy life.

And what of the supposedly 'paranoid schizophrenic' mother ---- if she was SO murderous and SO able to 'infect' her son with her mental illness ----------------------------------- why wasn't that woman in a secure institution BEFORE she 'gave' her son her mental illness and BEFORE they murdered a police officer ?

Apparently, when a serious and violent crime is committed --- it's all because 'mental illness', drink, drugs and unhappy childhoods are to blame

Unable to edit, so have to post in full

The salient few words are bolded

The mother was suffering a paranoid schizophrenic episode AT  THE  TIME   !

AT  THE   TIME !

All gone now ?

Paranoid schizophrenia that 'comes and goes' 

Amazing

One minute, normal

Next,  just had a 'paranoid schizophrenic'  episode

AND infected her son with it

Just sufficiently long enough to murder a police officer

Then oops -- all back to normal now -- so don't put us in prison, don't hold us responsible, we were temporarily 'insane'

As to mental health 'experts'   ....   I wouldn't give you twenty cents for them. Charlatans imo

It's an excuse, this convenient 'mental health' claim

along with the 'infected her son with it ' ---- but again, only temporarily, apparently

So the son is big and strong enough to grab a big knife and stab a police officer to death

but he hides behind his mother's skirts with the claim she 'infected' him with her come-and-go 'mental health' thing which somehow caused him to stab someone to DEATH, when called to account in court

instead of being a real man and controlling his mother's ravings when a police officer came to the door

Message 66 of 193
Latest reply

How often ?

And how did she get back and forth from the hospital ? 

How did she get to the drain ?

Or does she live with a group of people in close quarters who're also sort of blind and in whom she did not confide throughout nine months ?

Message 67 of 193
Latest reply

@polocross58 wrote:

How often ?

And how did she get back and forth from the hospital ? 

How did she get to the drain ?

Or does she live with a group of people in close quarters who're also sort of blind and in whom she did not confide throughout nine months ?

are you asking me?

How would I know?

I personally know of a 15 year old girl who presented at her part time job after school, with a tummy ache. The boss called her dad to take her to the doctor as she couldn't work.

Dad called 2 hours later to say she just gave birth. No one knew, she appeared normal, little chubby, played sports and went to school.

Message 68 of 193
Latest reply

We (the public) don't know that information poloc and not likely to find out either before any court case.

Have you heard of Keli Lane? If not, you may want to google her.

I knew a young woman who gave birth prematurely and no-one knew she was pregnant. She knew she planned to take time off work, go away have the baby, have he/she adopted out and return to work. Her planes were scuttled as the baby arrived a couple of weeks early.

Message 69 of 193
Latest reply

Most neonaticide in Australia is never publicised, and no prosecutions are brought, because they are the result of severe mental illness.

Message 70 of 193
Latest reply