My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

Polo,  you have put two posts in this thread relating to Officer Bryson Anderson

and a knife attack.  

Please stop confusing the issue with posts that belong here -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Did-the-police-feel-threatened-by-this-guy/m-p/1625...

See icy's post #237

Message 91 of 193
Latest reply

@kilroy_is_here wrote:

i would hate to be facing a crime with you lot on the jury, the facts arnt even known yet and already you lot have convicted the mother

for those who say that pnd is not an excuse , i say ever experenced it? or been around some one with it, i have and i can tell youanything is posible to a person with it  anuthing can be justified in their mind, so dont be so quick to judge her as  evil  she may well just need help

nup i'm not buying pnd as a reason.

maybe post natal psychosis i would buy, but then again from everything i read about that when Andrea Yates killed her children it takes longer than 24 hours to manifest itself.

Message 92 of 193
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Polo,  you have put two posts in this thread relating to Officer Bryson Anderson

and a knife attack.  

Please stop confusing the issue with posts that belong here -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Did-the-police-feel-threatened-by-this-guy/m-p/1625...

actually the posts did belong here as they were about mental illness being used as a defense, not about police brutality

Message 93 of 193
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

How I wish there was a percentage of some of the outrage here spent on the horrific statistics of child abuse in families who kept their unwanted babies.

Agreed..........

but this is about throwing a baby away - a living, breathing, baby........

the mother (birther) did not do this to offer her child up for a better life, or to save it from quote: "horrific statistics of child abuse in families who kept their unwanted babies." unquote, she tossed it!

You know, with some of the responses here, I wonder if we were discussing a sackful of kittens chucked in a river, there would be more

condemnation of the guilty party?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 94 of 193
Latest reply

My niece was pregnant with her second child and she showed no signs and had no idea up until she went to hospital with bad tummy pains and gave birth to a baby boy.

She had terrible PND but throwing the baby down a drain did not cross her mind.

I had sever PND with my second child and was a mess but throwing the baby down a drain did not cross my mind.

No excuses imo

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 95 of 193
Latest reply

I firmly believe that polocrosse has had little or no dealings with mental illness.

My daughter as a lot of the posters from cw know was schizophrenic. Mind you when she was having lapses of reason she guarded against herself. One such time she asked me to keep her baby safe. Hence I am Channys_mum.

My daughter knew beyond all doubt that I would support her and not ever judge her. Maybe this girl had no support.

I am not condoning what she did, because I could never imagine being able to do such a thing. As Channy said, she could have just walked away from the hospital without the baby.

Shall we pass judgement after we find out all the facts.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 96 of 193
Latest reply

You know what  -  no matter how depressed, how desperate, how scared that this mother may have been, she made achoice and chose her life over that of her baby.

Leave the baby with a neighbour, go chuck youself down a drain - that I could beleive and understand, but this "people with depression can't distinguish yada yada", she managed to distinguish who went in the drain.......

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 97 of 193
Latest reply

Without reference to this specific case, I used to work with a woman who had been abandoned outside a church when she was a new born baby. When I knew her she would have been in her late 50s and she was still very traumatised by it.

I hope this little one finds someone really special to give him the love and care he so needs now.
Message 98 of 193
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

nup i'm not buying pnd as a reason.

maybe post natal psychosis i would buy, but then again from everything i read about that when Andrea Yates killed her children it takes longer than 24 hours to manifest itself.

Summary

Postnatal depression (PND) affects some mothers in the days, weeks or months after giving birth. Symptoms may include lack of confidence, negative thoughts, feelings of being unable to cope or that life is meaningless, anxiety, difficulty sleeping and loss of appetite. Depression during pregnancy is called antenatal depression. Treatment may include support, therapy and medication.

Sometimes the mother wants nothing to do with her baby as soon as it is born.  There is no set "time limit".

Message 99 of 193
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

You know what  -  no matter how depressed, how desperate, how scared that this mother may have been, she made achoice and chose her life over that of her baby.

Leave the baby with a neighbour, go chuck youself down a drain - that I could beleive and understand, but this "people with depression can't distinguish yada yada", she managed to distinguish who went in the drain.......

How do you know what she thought?  She may have been dazed, feeling sick, wondering around, maybe she took something ..................  Who knows why she did what she did but one thing is for sure,  person thinking rationally would not have done that.  Rational person would have given the baby up for adoption.  This has nothing to do with murderers who commit premeditated murder.  Or do you guys really think that she deliberately had the baby so she can tick it in the drain?  If she was rational, she would have known that there will be bad repercussions.  This is just a very sad story and while I feel sick in stomach by what this woman did, I feel even more disgusted by the lynch mob mentality of people judging her.

Message 100 of 193
Latest reply