Resetting passwords - the merry-go-round ride

After being locked out i.e., not able to sign in, and trying to jump thru all the hoops re non appearing emails and phone numbers no longer connected it has just become easier to register a new, all be it very similar, posting id.

So this is the new improved lurker ๐Ÿ™‚ . Hi everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

WB new Lurker

Message 2 of 57
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Got an avi so we can see the facelift?

edit - OMG look at how much weight you've lost!!

you've only got 1 post!!

Message 3 of 57
Latest reply

why were you locked out?

Message 4 of 57
Latest reply

You'll have to wait until the swelling goes down ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 5 of 57
Latest reply

@purple_haize wrote:

why were you locked out?

I was locked out too.  New password or no entry

I didn't have a problem. 

Message 6 of 57
Latest reply

I got locked out today too Smiley Frustrated  I wasn't going to bother changing passowrds, I'll never remember a new one,  but it sort of didn't give me a choice

Message 7 of 57
Latest reply

Because although I tried several times to reset, the email never came thru to my hotmail address, and the phone number I had registered with years ago no longer exists. Then this morning I discovered that you can't sign in at all until the reset is done so I couldn't do anything. I tried asking customer support (using my buying id, which I had managed to change thankfully) but they couldn't seem to do anything.
Message 8 of 57
Latest reply

It worries me a bit that some people weren't getting the email.  Mine came through immediately.  Could it mean that someone else has already accessed your account and has changed your contact details?

Joono
Message 9 of 57
Latest reply

I hope not joono, but I now have absolutely no way of knowing. At least it was only my posting id, not the buying one with PayPal etc attached. And only a random hotmail address which won't get them anything either. It would be a different story if it was my buying id. I'd be making more of a fuss.
Message 10 of 57
Latest reply