SMART SEND COURIERS

Has anyone had any dealings for Smartsend Couriers? Two deliveries of mine to ebay buyers arrived damaged. The first case involved FOUR speakers, all four had external damage. Contacted them and they said "sorry you were not insured". Fine

Then last week Smartsend delivered yet another parcel of mine to a buyer (it was a subwoofer which, for some unknow reason, had a sheet of glass adhered to the top of the speaker) which turned up with the corner of the glass top smashed. Contacted smartsend - the parcel was insured - their reply was "we dont accept items with glass" and the insurance will not compensate you. How's that. So ebayers beware of Smartsend Couriers!!
Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: SMART SEND COURIERS

Like who?

Message 41 of 69
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Like who?

the OP for a start

Signatures suck.
Message 42 of 69
Latest reply

Yeah.   Had a look.   It's a bit weird.   How do you check 'em out?

I counted 8

Message 43 of 69
Latest reply

I asked on the selling board and digital*ghost wrote:

That thread is from before the migration to Lithium, and my guess is those posters haven't logged into the new community since then, so do not have a community profile with all their relevant stats updated accordingly.

Message 44 of 69
Latest reply

Do NOT  use Smart Send. They still haven't got their carrier to show up, and I booked them 3 working days ago. I then had to spend hours looking for their phone number online.

For those of you who are having trouble and trying to contact the company, their details are:

• Smart Send Pty Ltdwww.smartsend.com.au
    Breakfast Creek Commercial CentreSuite 8, 194 Breakfast Creek RdNewstead QLD 4006 Australia
    0422817523  (p)
Message 45 of 69
Latest reply

Sent two custom made crates, measured extra carefully and double checked. Paid Freight, goods delivered just fine.

Almost a month later receive a bill from them for extra claiming I had underestimated size. Quoted size supplied to them by "Carrier". Measurements were clearly rough guesses and were all rounded to nearest 5 cm.

Crazy thing is the measurements for the smaller of the two crates supplied by the carrier were actually smaller than what I had paid for by a factor of 3 They should Refund Me !

After several emails back and forth I gave them a choice:

I pay up and choose to never use them again and to legitimate reason to warn others like you.

or

They drop the whole extra payment thing and I might use their services again.

Their choice was the first one - stand by clearly inaccurate measurements from the carrier and accept the bad publicity that comes with it.

I have actually noticed in forums that this seems to be happening a lot in recent times so don't say you weren't warned. If you really, really must use them I would recommend taking photos as you are measuring your item and have them ready when they try to charge you extra a month later.

Message 46 of 69
Latest reply

Oh Im having a fun time with Smart send. It should be called Dumb-**bleep** send. Had the same delivery address for however long I been on ebay. Never had any parcel go missing. Now they are bordering on a week late and their excuse is that the parcel was addressed and attempted to be delivered to the wrong address which was in fact the right address, which was in fact just a fairy tail as it has been sitting in their depot now for 4 days and all I get from them is an email that says. "were sorry to here that. We`ll talk to the driver for an ETA"

BAH!

**bleep**full carriers

Message 47 of 69
Latest reply

They are horrific. Worst possible experience.

I ordered an item from eBay and they have put me through hell.

I will be contacting eBay asking why they allow this company to trade off their name. They build trust by using the eBay logo on their website and they farm fake reviews

Avoid them unless you want to watch your customer ratings fall through the floor. They will ruin your reputation
Message 48 of 69
Latest reply

I have used them 3 times, 2 of those 3,the courier didn't turn up on the booked day in the allotted time, As a matter of fact didn't turn up at all on the booked day. Wasted a lot of my time waiting for them, as they threaten a $25 charge if no one is available at pick up. Smart send support gave plenty of platitudes and assurances that it would be followed up and looked into but they did nothing and gave no actual reason as to why the courier did not turn up. They just let it fall to the next days delivery cycle and hoped it would get picked up then. Based on that experience I consider them a very unreliable service, but yes in some cases cheaper than many others.

Message 49 of 69
Latest reply

Avoid at all costs. They find loopholes in their policies & will refuse to pay you out for your damaged goods. Don't have a listed phone number so they can't be contacted. Not the first time I have contacted consumer affairs about them.
Message 50 of 69
Latest reply