SMART SEND COURIERS

Has anyone had any dealings for Smartsend Couriers? Two deliveries of mine to ebay buyers arrived damaged. The first case involved FOUR speakers, all four had external damage. Contacted them and they said "sorry you were not insured". Fine

Then last week Smartsend delivered yet another parcel of mine to a buyer (it was a subwoofer which, for some unknow reason, had a sheet of glass adhered to the top of the speaker) which turned up with the corner of the glass top smashed. Contacted smartsend - the parcel was insured - their reply was "we dont accept items with glass" and the insurance will not compensate you. How's that. So ebayers beware of Smartsend Couriers!!
Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

SMART SEND COURIERS

thanks for that...I use e-go.com.au
they're excellent
Message 2 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

Thanks, will check them out
Message 3 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

Yes, had very close dealings with them, as they are part of Allied Express, who I used to drive for.
Always been the case as far as insurance goes, will come up with anything to avoid a claim, after the fact. Won't disclose much voluntarily up front.
Can't say who I'd recommend to use as a private party, as I now use work's TNT or Toll accounts to send anything bigger. And they don't cater for the casual user.

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 4 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

nouveau_retro
Community Member
Try Temando, also Pack and Send for fragiles like speakers.
Message 5 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

You are right - anything to get out of paying a claim. I will search around to see if I can find a more reliable courier.

thanks!
Message 6 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

Oh great, thanks will try Temando. I have used Pack and Send before but they tend to be rather expensive and buyers usually dont want to pay the courier charge.
Message 7 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor
Has anyone had any dealings for Smartsend Couriers?

Never have and never would after hearing anecdotal evidence in the industry
After 22 years in the industry you learn which companies to avoid.
Message 8 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

I wish I had heard it before I used them!
Message 9 of 69
Latest reply

SMART SEND COURIERS

received an

email but not through ebay from this company not sure how they got my email address but thankfully i looked at the discussions and will not be using them

Message 10 of 69
Latest reply