SMART SEND COURIERS

Has anyone had any dealings for Smartsend Couriers? Two deliveries of mine to ebay buyers arrived damaged. The first case involved FOUR speakers, all four had external damage. Contacted them and they said "sorry you were not insured". Fine

Then last week Smartsend delivered yet another parcel of mine to a buyer (it was a subwoofer which, for some unknow reason, had a sheet of glass adhered to the top of the speaker) which turned up with the corner of the glass top smashed. Contacted smartsend - the parcel was insured - their reply was "we dont accept items with glass" and the insurance will not compensate you. How's that. So ebayers beware of Smartsend Couriers!!
Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: SMART SEND COURIERS

It keeps getting dragged up, though, Lyndal.

If you scroll back, it's been dragged up every year - and for what?

No bluddy good reason, that's what!

Message 61 of 69
Latest reply

manf-79
Community Member

I think they are absolute **bleep**.  I’ve been waiting all week for them to deliver something to me; they’ve changed their delivery advice twice so far, not that it’s made any different, as I still don’t have my item.  I have had to wait at home for 3 days running because of this. All attempts to contact them have completely failed - their instant messaging system is always offline and they don’t ever seem to respond.  Chasing this through the original vendor hasn’t yielded any results either (but it has made me decide to never buy from anyone who uses Smart Send as their courier).  On top of this, I’ve now discovered that they only picked the item up from the seller yesterday (even though it was supposed to be delivered the day before that) and then handed it off to Australia Post.  So they’re charging the vendor a courier fee, but not actually delivering it themselves.  They are extremely frustrating and I think quite dishonest.  Don’t touch them.

Message 62 of 69
Latest reply

you should contact the seller and let them know your not a happy customer.

you can also leave honest feedback on their choice of delivery

Message 63 of 69
Latest reply

The Smart Send should be called a Trouble Send.

The customer servise is absolutely bad, just marking around by using the word "sorry".

Message 64 of 69
Latest reply

same thing happened to me and they sent me an email saying it had been delivered! It was never even collected

Message 65 of 69
Latest reply

this thread was started in 2011......many old threads are being resurrected lately....is this because you're all arriving here via Google search (as I notice this comes up on first page)?
Message 66 of 69
Latest reply

I am currently taking smart send to civil court - I  have never dealt with such an unprofessional company. They lost my car seats and      are trying to tell me it's not their problem as the carrier lost them. No, sorry, i booked the service through you, it's your responsibility to follow it up.

They then changed their story to say it wasnt packaged correctly which is not true.

Avoid at all costs.

Here is the CEO of smart send if others need to make contact with someone via phone

Christine Madden

0422 817 523

Message 67 of 69
Latest reply

Here we go again...
Message 68 of 69
Latest reply

At least the last post has added some new information.   Ms Madden's phone number may be of use to someone.

Message 69 of 69
Latest reply