Washing up stuff

How do you store all your washing up paraphenalia?

Do you have a special caddy that sits on the bench?

Or do you insist on the utencils being returned to the cupboard underneath?

Or do you just leave everything in the sink all squished up and not drained (like my kids do if I am not onto them)

Do you use a brush? a scrubby thing? one of those sponges with the green stuff on the back? a steel wool? a good old fashioned chux?

and most importantly

Do you Jif your sink? LOL

(My mother always went on about Jiffing the sink - but i use Gumption - and she doesn't know the difference!

I was just at the klitchen store before and they had all these cutsie dish washing brushes - like lady beetles and flowers and ladies and stuff - and it caused me to ponder the complexities of how the dishes get done....

Soooo?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Washing up stuff

I bought two of the lady ones cos they were only $5 each and their bristles were heaps firmer than the other designs which were between $15 and $20 each

IMG_2397.JPG

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Basket under sink.

Green scrubby thing with detergent in the handle.

And soapy steel wool and lotsa hot water on the sink

to make it sparkle

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I have a (married)couple who have cleaned my  house for the last 15 years, and I have to say - until you've seen a man on his knees, with a tub of Gumption in his hand, vigorously cleaning out the bath, you have never known true love......

Note - he also uses Gumption on the kitchen sinks.

Marina.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Morning Fresh with a dash of Ammonia.  Cotton Wash cloth and a  Scotch Brite which are left to air dry on the rack.

DEB

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Steam mop*.I clean everything with a steam mop.Even myself.

*Kills 99.9% of household germs.
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

I bought two of the lady ones cos they were only $5 each and their bristles were heaps firmer than the other designs which were between $15 and $20 each

IMG_2397.JPG

Obviously what you bought is superior and way more awesome than anything the rest of us have. So, pat yourself on the back there! You are awesome!

โ€œIโ€™ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!โ€ Sheila
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

well. hubby does the dishes, he has a brush he buys that's actually for shoes,he says. and another brush that's soft bristle,for glasses. and a green scrubby(i get them in a giant sheet and he cuts them to size) for glass pans and nonstick pans. and steel soap pads for metal pans. all have their own drying container,small clay flower pots that michael drilled holes all over.

we have a stainless steel sink,i clean that,with industrial stainless steel cleaner,and it's wiped dry immediately. always.

i hate waterspots on my stainless,lol!

taste my religion! nibble a witch! ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Firstly, the dishwasher does the majority of washing dishes, cutlery glasses etc.

Sponge cloth and brush (short handle) on the bench.

Dish wash liquid, dishwasher tablets etc in the cupboard in plastic basket

Sink is cleaned with Jif. Sponge cloths washed in wash machine.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Hahahahaha so that is what's up some people's dots!! They feel threatened!
This place is so precious!!
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply