Windows 10

j*oono
Community Member

I just installed windows 10, in like Flynn.  It looks nice and clean but too much stuff on my task bar now so I'll have to sort out what I need and what I want to get rid of.

Has anyone else done it and any tips?  I'm a bit too busy to muck around much today but any good pointers would be nice and for a start, how do you shut down your computer?!!

Joono
Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Windows 10

You can never shut down your computer again.

Never

Ever

bwaahahahahahahaaaaaa

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

😄

I figured out that bit.  It's a power button instead of a shutdown button.

So far all I've done is delete all the start up boxes that I don't want and added some that I do.  I like the news, weather and twitter boxes so far.  It looks pretty good once you clear away all the games and apps rubbish.

Joono
Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

@iapetus_rocks wrote:

You can never shut down your computer again.

Never

Ever

That is obviously not limited to Windows10 for some !

Woman Wink

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

So, a bit like the Curate's egg - good in parts, eh ? Well I'd like it to be good all the way through, like Windows 7.

Conclusion : Sleeping dogs.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

No it seems pretty good Emb.  You need to personalise it to your liking.  I'm not a tech head but it seems pretty easy to do that. It takes nearly two hours to install.

I like the twitter app.  It shows all tweets in actual time order instead of conversation order which I used to like on twitter.  Unfortunately for some it doesn't seem to have a switch identity button, not directed at you of course.

The reason I did it so quickly is because I plan on upgrading my laptop in the near future so I thought I might as well get used to it as the new one will no doubt already have it. I'll have some more time to check it out on Monday.

Joono
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

I forgot to include the screenie.

Windows 10.jpg

Joono
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Hubby tells me that if you right click on the start button,

a menu comes up with an alternate shut down.

Looks like an enforced update coming up for me.

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Great tip Stawka.  If you right click on the start button you get all sorts of options.  Thanks for that.

Joono
Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Just be careful with Windows 10 particularly the automatic update process, they have set it up so it does it like torrents, a peer to peer process to speed it up rather than directly through Microsoft, however you can switch the peer to peer off otherwise it will chew your bandwidth.

http://www.komando.com/happening-now/319080/windows-10-secretly-uses-your-bandwidth-to-distribute-up...

second page of the blog has a step by step on how to do it.

I haven't updated to it yet, still researching on it.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply