Yes? No?

Not necessarily asking for people to reveal their own personal opinions, just-

What do you think is going to come in?

My prediction-no by a landslide, except perhaps in some inner Melbourne electorates.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Yes? No?

It looks like it will be a No outcome. But I think a lot of younger people will vote Yes because they think voting No would be the wrong thing to do. It is, in part, a reflection of their education where racism was taught to be a virtual sin.

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

It seems to be No.

Many of the Yes arguments that I’ve heard are equating “No” with racism and in my view those are flawed arguments. I don’t doubt sincerity on both sides.

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

I think NO.

It's a proposed advisory body called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice. According to the government design principles, it would be made up of people from the community who would: provide advice to the parliament and executive government on matters relating to Indigenous peoples.

Being Australian - what matters - any matters  - all matters - affect each and every one of us.

Aboriginal - Torres Strait Islander - all of us.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

I would like to personally thank whoever thought up this referendum - (insert sarcasm),

for bringing so much discord into my house.

It seems we are cancelling each other out, so what's the point?

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

Of the 44 referendums held in Oz since Federation only 8 have passed and this one has nothing really concrete about what it is or how it will work. It's a very nebulous idea. Many people will not agree to a concept about maybe some general principle or you know, like, the vibe!

Both yes and no have been saying " if you vote the other way, you're racist!" So we can't even have a rational discussion without fracking childish name-calling.

Sick of the whole thing!

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

Fracking is my new favourite swear word!

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

@cam-2793 wrote:

Both yes and no have been saying " if you vote the other way, you're racist!" So we can't even have a rational discussion without fracking childish name-calling.

Sick of the whole thing!

And there appears to be threatening overtones and anger directed at people who are going to vote the other way. This referendum is bringing out the wrong emotions and many people are taking exception to the character attacks being directed at the others.

I too will be glad when this is all over.

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

I want to know why we can vote to put something in the constitution, but can not vote to take something out.

If it does get up, I can not see it  providing any real benefit.

Albo playing Nero,  His time and effort should be directed at far more important and pressing matters.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Yes? No?

@cam-2793 wrote:

Of the 44 referendums held in Oz since Federation only 8 have passed and this one has nothing really concrete about what it is or how it will work. It's a very nebulous idea. Many people will not agree to a concept about maybe some general principle or you know, like, the vibe!

Sick of the whole thing!

You can't even say something as simple as "I'm going to get an ice cream, wanna come?" without being accused of being racist, so I wouldn't worry too much. The world has gone insane.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply