its 44c here and a thunder storm

its 44c here and a thunder storm and we already have many fires

http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/news_media/current_incidents.jsp

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: its 44c here and a thunder storm

Is sports drink better than water in extreme heat?

Message 41 of 85
Latest reply

So, if it's over 40 tomoz, then again on thurs and fri.... It will be the hottest week in Melbourne since 1905!

Must have been alot of polution around back in 1905 for it to have been so hot back then, lol.....  

-- A
Message 42 of 85
Latest reply

NO!

Message 43 of 85
Latest reply

@kengillard wrote:

NO!

Is that NO because you remember 1905? lol

Message 44 of 85
Latest reply

@cat_mioux wrote:

I've also put buckets of water outside for the wildlife.

I don't have air con and I have one very distressed kitty on my hands. She keeps pacing and meowing and licking my hand (a sign of distress in her). I keep wiping her down with wet towels and misting her but she hates that too. My little deaf kitty has snoozed all day with not a peep and fat Thai knows something isn't quite right but he's so laid back he's just flopping in a different part of the house on the hour.

Do you think your cats would use those pet cooling mats?   you could try with gel packs first, wrapped in towels maybe.

Google cat cooling mat - i saw some cat forums discussing them and eBay listings.

Message 45 of 85
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

@pct001wine wrote:

44.8C when I was driving around here in Adelaide about an hour or so ago 😞

Going kayaking after work to cool down 🙂

It's funny when you hear the radio announcer say ".... and the maximum today will be 42 degrees.  The current temperature is 44.8"

Enjoy your Kayaking tonight, West lakes or open water? 

Thanks hawk - decided not to go - weather a bit iffy lol - was headed to Port Noarlunga, best of both worlds - calm river system and bit of open water. I am a bit of a kayak novice, still finding my way around.  You ?

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 46 of 85
Latest reply

just had a poor little parrot fly onto my back veranda gasping for water..Horrible to see them suffer..i have placed water dishes everywhere..We even have a small swarm of bees on the veranda that have also came down near the wet plants...

Message 47 of 85
Latest reply

45.1 in SA I heard on the news on the way home. Hottest day on record since  1930-something!

Message 48 of 85
Latest reply

Dreadfully hot, there may be something to the claims made by scientists where the climate is concerned.

Message 49 of 85
Latest reply

45 on wednesday and 46 on thursday..not impressed

Message 50 of 85
Latest reply