http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/news_media/current_incidents.jsp

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

its 44c here and a thunder storm

@pct001wine wrote:

44.8C when I was driving around here in Adelaide about an hour or so ago 😞

Going kayaking after work to cool down 🙂

It's funny when you hear the radio announcer say ".... and the maximum today will be 42 degrees.  The current temperature is 44.8"

Enjoy your Kayaking tonight, West lakes or open water? 

Message 31 of 85
Latest reply

Its calm now and the sun has come out again, feeling very humid now 😞

Message 32 of 85
Latest reply

@daydream**believer wrote:

was just outside and even though its stinking hot, the sky is dark and there is a lot of lightning strikes up in the hills

Hopefully you will get some rain as well.

Message 33 of 85
Latest reply

@bluecat*dancing wrote:
They are probably used to playing in extreme heat. Have they shut the roof?

I'm not sure how it works.  Not all courts have roofs?   If decision is made to shut it, does it mean all matches on courts without roofs get suspended?  If its 42°C, how much hotter must it be on the court.  I am hearing a few players have retired due to heat.  Different rules apply to women, I think.

I really feel for you guys with no air-con Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 85
Latest reply

The roof is still open at Rod Laver Arena.  I think it takes about 1/2 hour or so

to close it.  Temp on court at the moment is 50c

Message 35 of 85
Latest reply

I have just seen smoke in Kallista, my heart sank.........looked up the CFA there is a fire in Perrins Road going up to Olinda, but it is a structure fire, thankgoodness, hope they get it contained soon, as there is plenty of bush between here and Olinda.

Message 36 of 85
Latest reply

@daydream**believer wrote:

was just outside and even though its stinking hot, the sky is dark and there is a lot of lightning strikes up in the hills

😞

Message 37 of 85
Latest reply

Sorry purple your the one with the kitties under the house. The heat is getting to me. It's 30C in the coolest part of the house where the heating thermostat is located under the stairs.

Lightening strikes in this dry heat is not good. 😞

I don't know how my Birman is going to cope with 4 days of heat. She's settled down next to the fan now though thank God.

Message 38 of 85
Latest reply

@cat_mioux wrote:

Sorry purple your the one with the kitties under the house. The heat is getting to me. It's 30C in the coolest part of the house where the heating thermostat is located under the stairs.

Lightening strikes in this dry heat is not good. 😞

I don't know how my Birman is going to cope with 4 days of heat. She's settled down next to the fan now though thank God.

One of the cats has come in and lying on the floor in the kitchen.

I am so over this heat and we are only on day 1, some clouds have come up, but not many, I cant remember if you said you had a fan or not, but your Birman in front of the fan or if a ceiling fan, underneath it, and wipe cat down with wet cloth, I do that too.

Message 39 of 85
Latest reply

Melbourne 5pm was 45c!!!!!

Hubby just back from doctor,bought me some cherries to cheer me up.

Awww

Message 40 of 85
Latest reply