21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

@attic-case wrote:

Yes, it is $1,250 for every Successful Application which results in a Conviction by the Financial Services Ombudsman. They look at ALL complaintant Applications, and only pursue those that they believe they can win by 99%

ebay/paypal MUST PAY UPFRONT  before they (ebay/pp) can even get a word in.  Sock it to em'  Cat Mad

So now we know why paypal releases funds before it gets to legal action.  Paypal knows they will not win a case so bow out gracefully.

Keep the complaints coming sellers.....you just may get your funds released without a fight.

Message 141 of 524
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@attic-case wrote:

Yes, it is $1,250 for every Successful Application which results in a Conviction by the Financial Services Ombudsman. They look at ALL complaintant Applications, and only pursue those that they believe they can win by 99%

ebay/paypal MUST PAY UPFRONT  before they (ebay/pp) can even get a word in.  Sock it to em'  Cat Mad

So now we know why paypal releases funds before it gets to legal action.  Paypal knows they will not win a case so bow out gracefully.

Keep the complaints coming sellers.....you just may get your funds released without a fight.

BUMP TO THE TOP !! People power..!!

Message 142 of 524
Latest reply

up it goes to the top again

Message 143 of 524
Latest reply

B U M P....

Message 144 of 524
Latest reply

Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump etc etc etcCat Tongue.gifTake that eBay & PayPal.

Message 145 of 524
Latest reply

Very simple question - Is this 21 day hold being applied to accounts selling through anywhere else, i..e does anyone sell thru Craigslist, Etsy, Amazon, Facebook etc etc and is Paypal holding any of those funds for 21 days???

IF NOT,  IT IS TOTALLY AN EBAY THING AND NOT A PAYPAL THING AT ALL- PRETTY OBVIOUS REALLY IF IT ONLY APPLIES TO EBAY ACCOUNTS and does not apply to any other SELLING PLATFORM.............. : ) : )

Message 146 of 524
Latest reply

First up, please stop yelling. Second, there have been reports on these forums of members having payments held that had nothing to do with eBay. From memory, they were payments made by family into their PayPal account.

Message 147 of 524
Latest reply

"Thank You" sheep, l hate being yelled at as well. You are 100% correct, it is a PayPal issue, the FFO are ONLY taking PP to task, not ebay, as yet, only because PP are used by ebay as a Financial Transaction Method.
(even if there was some untoward behavior between the two, it would be difficult for a Lay person to investigate and come to the truth of the matter.
Message 148 of 524
Latest reply

All sellers on Ebay in a sense do not own their own stock any more. Ebay and PayPal have usurped the sellers rights to gain a financial exchange for their goods in holding paid funds through paypal for 21 days and further allowing a buyer 180 days to lodge a dispute against the seller. As a buyer I always knew the day I opened a packaged if it was INAD. In a sense sellers are only selling the buyer the right to try the goods for 180 days and yet Ebay require their fees almost immediately and PayPal take their cut the moment a payment is received into the sellers account. Sellers goods are being held in escrow as are their legally "entitled to funds". In many instances sellers are totally losing their goods even after PayPal have refunded the dishonest buyers or receiving back the item in a well used condition or even broken condition. The goods are ours they belong to us and we have the right to receive payment in the form we stipulate before we send the goods to the buyer. Yes their will be bad sellers but they are far outweighed by some nefarious practices from some buyers. Only reporting to the FSO en masse will bring this to the authorites attention and then maybe someone in our government will sit up and take notice as well.

Message 149 of 524
Latest reply

Yes that was my PayPal account that started holding my non eBay monies including private transacitons direct from friends etc.

After much too'ing and fro'ing PayPal eventually addmitted the error and released monies but unfortunatley they also released all my eBay money on the 21 day hold. I say unfortunately becasue now eBay appear to be playing games with me and holding my funds again and not releasing within the 21 day period even when I meet all the criteria. I am getting quite annoyed but now dotting my "I's" and crossing my "T's" awaiting my new seller status to expire and believe me if my monies are still being held after jumping through all the hoops I will be hitting the send button on FSO complaint.

Also for all you established sellers have you read my other post re future holds on established sellers?

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Established-sellers-please-read-this-if-you-think-you-are-no...

As I said on the other post I hope I am wrong but this could be what is comming for all of us.

Message 150 of 524
Latest reply