21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

images.jpg

K, bumped yet again.................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 171 of 524
Latest reply

bump me up once more

Message 172 of 524
Latest reply

soga where can i get a copy

Message 173 of 524
Latest reply

I set up a another account to sell different items, and they put the 21 day hold on my funds.

I rang paypal and they immediately released the funds. Paypal also told me to contact ebay so that it does not happen again

and to point out I have another account with them for last 12 years.

I rang ebay, and they flately refused to life the 21 day hold on funds on my new account. Did not take into consideration my

years of selling and that my first account did not have the 21 day hold.

They said they don't understand how paypal can release the funds, but I pointed out that they in fact did do this.

Ebay also said it's an ebay guideline and not a paypal guideline, and that ebay will not be lifting this on my accounts,

even if paypal release the money,  and that ebay will be sticking with this policy.

I mentioned to ebay that I need to go the the FSO, and they did not care about that, and said they were within their rights and tried to explain they were doing me a favour.. But who is getting the interest? Not me. Imagine how much money they must

be holding in their account at any one time. The interest earned here must be massive.

So anyway ebay said I have to go through all the motions, 90 day account, $250 worth of goods and 25 transactions before

they will review the 21 day hold... So much for my 12 years plus of reliable service.

Message 175 of 524
Latest reply

@cq_tech

@i-love-my-sheep

Great advice, on another account I was going to lodge a complaint about 21 transactions amounting to about $300 with the above link but then thought I would give Paypal a chance. I sent them an email stating

"I want all my payments on 21 day limits unlocked immediately or I will contact the Financial Ombudsmen of Australia and lodge a complaint. You have 48 hours to comply"

Within about 12 hours they complied and sent me an apology via email. I suspect I will have to keep doing this as future funds will likely be locked due to eBays acts of god. But I have no issue doing that.

Hope this helps.
Message 176 of 524
Latest reply

A couple of days ago I started reusing my old china selling account. Haven’t used it for a year or so, but one of the grandkids is getting married so need some money fast.

Checked the eBay policies just to make sure I won’t have any problems with funds being frozen and found the following.

“While you establish your selling track record, buyer payments may be delayed. These funds will generally be available once:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale; and
  • You've had more than 25 sales transactions; and
  • You've had more than $250 in total sales.

• Here are a few other reasons why your payments may be delayed:
  • You've started selling in a new category.
  • The items you're selling have an exceptionally high selling price.
  • Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase of eBay Money Back Guarantee cases.

So what does it all mean. The account is over 90 days old. It has over 130 recorded transactions. Total sale for the last 30 items alone was over $3000. My seller performance rating is above average. I’m selling china which is exactly the same category as all previous sales on this account. All items are in action format with a starting price of 49.95 or less. And finally eBay has just, without me asking, increased my selling limit on this account to $25000.

So there appears to be absolutely no warrant to freeze the funds in this account for 21 days, but just to make sure I contacted Bay One Line Help who appear to have a different view. That is the funds are likely to be frozen and the only way that they will be unfrozen before the 21 days are up is if I prove delivery. That is, though the policy provides clear cut guidelines as the kind of account which can be frozen, and even though this account doesn’t meet that claim profile, we’ll freeze it anyway.

This is all the justification I need to lodge a complaint with the ACCC, the SA Office of Consumer Affairs and the Financial Ombudsman Service. That is, I’ve been looking for bona fide grounds to lodge a complaint. So fs they now freeze this account they will have delivered them to me on a silver plate.

As the auctions are due to end in a couple of days, time to prepare the necessary paperwork

Message 177 of 524
Latest reply

Nudge, Nudge - Wink, Wink.

Bump Bump.

Message 178 of 524
Latest reply

I had my funds from one buyer frozen while I submitted all the paperwork for proof of delivery. Once I did this they then awarded the buyer the money back even WITH proof it was delivered 4 days after post. I was fuming to say the least. I rany paypal claiming this was rediculous so they just refunded me. NOT the point, buyer should never have got the money AND the goods. Then the buyer has the audacity to leave positive feedback. I contacted ebay abd never heard back from them EBAY suck

Message 179 of 524
Latest reply

For anyone who's on Facebook and isn't already a member, pop in and join PeopleVersusPayPal

Message 180 of 524
Latest reply