21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

SOGA = ?
Message 161 of 524
Latest reply

Sale of Goods Act
Message 162 of 524
Latest reply

Incidentally Padi, it would seem that Amazon have taken a leaf out of eBay's book by refusing to reimburse thousands of sellers whose goods were sold at massive losses for just 1p each due to a software glitch on their UK site the other day.

The sellers are quite rightly blaming Amazon while Amazon are blaming the software producers, but the bottom line is that some companies are out 10s of 1000s of pounds because as soon as the buyers realised what was going on, they started buying massive quantities of expensive goods for just 1p each.

I suppose you can't really blame the buyers, but I can see a huge class action on the horizon if Amazon don't do the right thing and wear the huge losses which were suffered by their sellers. When I read that story, I immediately wondered how eBay would have handled it, and my guess is the very same way that Amazon did.
Message 163 of 524
Latest reply

Good news.

I worked for an Ombudsman. (another Ombudsman Service)

They flagged some issues as 'systemic' when they see it as impacting large numbers of people.

I had to take my paypal case to the Ombudsman.

It hardly seemed necessary.

It costs the service provider, in this case Paypal, about $2,000 or more just to have a matter referred to the Financial Services Ombudsman and then the billing is charged out in a way that isn't dissimilar to a  Solicitor's Office.  I am legally qualified and a lot of the Investigators assigned matters will have legal qualifications. Either way though, irrespective of qualifications, the hourly fee is quite high.

There is every incentive for Paypal to resolve a dispute before it gets escalated to the FOS.

In my case it seemed so simple. I sold custom items at the time, which (under Paypal's own policy) were exempt from buyers claiming chargebacks. However for some reason unbeknowns to me Paypal wouldn't acknowledge that until they were taken to the Ombudsman and had to re-imburse me for the monies buyers of custom items were paid back on my behalf contrary to their own policy!

Message 164 of 524
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
Incidentally Padi, it would seem that Amazon have taken a leaf out of eBay's book by refusing to reimburse thousands of sellers whose goods were sold at massive losses for just 1p each due to a software glitch on their UK site the other day.

The sellers are quite rightly blaming Amazon while Amazon are blaming the software producers, but the bottom line is that some companies are out 10s of 1000s of pounds because as soon as the buyers realised what was going on, they started buying massive quantities of expensive goods for just 1p each.

I suppose you can't really blame the buyers, but I can see a huge class action on the horizon if Amazon don't do the right thing and wear the huge losses which were suffered by their sellers. When I read that story, I immediately wondered how eBay would have handled it, and my guess is the very same way that Amazon did.

Here's a couple of links to Amazon's losses including the latest on the 1p debacle CQ, if they made losses of US$ 437,000,000 in the 3rd quarter this year then it doesn't look like a very bright Xmas for them, with a heap of sellers likely to be going for the jugular over the 1p fiasco.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2873409/Amazon-1p-sales-bonanza-computer-glitch-misprices-th...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/amazons-spending-leads-to-another-loss-1414095239

Interesting to hear that the FSO may flag the complaints as "systemic" on the 21day hold, that could shake up the apple-cart Baudrillard.........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 165 of 524
Latest reply

Hope you are all still keeping up the good work.........

which is spy code for

BUMP

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 166 of 524
Latest reply

Yes it could. 

A systemic issue that has been affecting so many people for so long!!!

Hopefully they have flagged it as such and it will give some relief to affected sellers. 

I have always wondered how many ebayers don't know about the  Ombudsman being available for paypal matters

Message 167 of 524
Latest reply

Back up to the top where you belong, thread...

Message 168 of 524
Latest reply

bump

Message 169 of 524
Latest reply

Bumpity Bump little thread.....back where you belong.

Message 170 of 524
Latest reply