A lot of "Aussie Seller's" appear to be on holiday until Feb 3

All these seller's are "located in Australia" - I guess they are just celebrating the Chinese New Year?

"This seller is currently away until Feb 03, 2017. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order."

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: A lot of "Aussie Seller's" appear to be on holiday until Feb 3

I'm guessing a good % of them are bull spitting about how they are located in Australia

Could well be my imagination but there seems to be more and more doind this in the past month or so

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yep, Chinese sellers are notorious for BS'ing.

Not to mention zero service when a product fails, which they seem to often.

I don't buy Chinese anymore and feel better about giving jobs here anyway.

Costs a little more short term but saves long term.

We had a little Italian made compressor which just ran for years n years.

Decided to go for a bigger newer unit, part European, part Chinese.

Had nothing but problems with it, even after a change-over unit.

Still not functioning properly after 2 years and they can't find the problem since new.

Never again.

(Sorry to go on but it gets my goat everytime I think of Chinese products)

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

In Epping  & Campbellfield Vic (near me) there are 2 large Chinese dropshipper / Warehouse stores. I've been to both after buying online using the "search nearest first" ebay function - not realising the extent of the operations @ each until I got there. 

I believe there are a few such operations in Sydney area too. So whilst the Chinese are on holiday for the Lunar New Year; the items are actually in Australia & listed for & by Chinese sellers & warehoused & sent by a 3rd party with an Aust address & operation.

As another point of contention,,,, My big worry is ,,, Whilst waiting for an ebay purchase in the foyer of  the Epping place;  I noticed huge boxes  of A4  (& other sized) envelopes with prepaid Australia Priority Mail rubber stamps on them.  I asked the bloke about them & he then wanted to sell them to me by the boxload for 10cents each envelope.... I don't send many items @ LL rate, so declined- but the envelopes alone cost me 40cents each when I do - & that's buying in bulk from a major legitimate supplier!  

I assume Austpost is getting duped here. They would at least be out the cost of the stamps, plus the 50c or whatever that it costs per item for priority mail. Another Chinese scam right here under their noses? Has anyone any ideas about this?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hi Kopes; My elderly Dad still has an old Briggs & Stratton pump mounted on a handmade trolley that has survived 2 bushfires & is still going strong despite some years of non useage. He starts it up annually, even in suburbia. It has 2 firehoses w/ brass fittings attached & a brass sump pump filtered end for going into creeks & dams without clogging. 

It is a thing to behold! Old Victa lawn mower wheels & parts to undercarriage & pull/ push handle, metal hose reels mounted on both sides, oak deck. plus mounting spot for a 44 gal ex army fuel can! It can be moved by 1 person if needs be, even over rough terrain.

I'll take Aussie handmade ingenuity over Chinese made any day! When it comes to fire pumps it's your life in your hands!

Vale Ninks Rd St Andrews Nth - Vic 2009 Black Saturday

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Hi I am not on holiday have been here all over the Christmas period and my sales are dead. First I thought I was not connecting with the internet or ebay was down - but seriously I have never had sales so bad. Yes I sell fabrics not a must have item - but really this the worst I have experienced ebay.  Are there other sites I do not know about - excluding Etsy - where people may go to buy online? Would love to know from any craft people out there if it is just me or a general downturn in sales across the board.

" I SEW therefore I AM"  " I still remember the time I left a fabric shop without buying anything."

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hi, I sell fabrics in my other store and yes it is deadly quiet. Thought it was just me being slack over this holiday period. Hang in there, things may pick up soon.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply