AARGh AP delays an defects..

Just received a "where is my item request" & of course related defect. Just checked tracking for all items sent via click and send on that day. All of them are showing as late. First one arrived on friday 10 days late, same city. the rest are not showing any activity yet, (street lodged). Obviously a problem in an AP collection system before first scan.

Does this mean I am potentially up for a defect for each and every shipment made on that day even though its obviously an AP delay?? Anything I can do?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: AARGh AP delays an defects..

I know this isn't quite related to your topic but I just received a package (priority international) from the states. Picked up in Ohio day 1. In Chicago day 2 In Los Angelos day 3

in Sydney day 4.. It took 4 days to get half way around the world and then there was australia post lol..departed after it got to  sydney day 4..arrived in central queensland 18 days later.And this is not out in whoop whoop either. In saying that I guess I should be happy

that once it got to AP it got delivered at all. Some days I believe AP could actually screw up a wet dream!

Message 11 of 52
Latest reply

This is the salient point - (street lodged)

No proof of lodgement and, presumably, no tracking events until delivered. So the buyer has no indication it was even posted.

Message 12 of 52
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

This is the salient point - (street lodged)

No proof of lodgement and, presumably, no tracking events until delivered. So the buyer has no indication it was even posted.

yep thats the problem 

BUT::: I banged off an email to Ebay this morning as soon as delivered showed on tracking, and they replied within a few hours that they have closed the case (in my favour they say), and have stated any defect/dsr/feedback will be removed and not affect my status. Now the wait to see if that eventuates.

Email actually states that as it was closed in my favour (hence item was delivered) that defect removal was automatic.. This seems to say just raising a INR enquiry is not sufficient for defect to stick anymore.

We'll see.

Sooner or later the pendulum must swing back to give more seller protection

Message 13 of 52
Latest reply

I got one of these "where is my item" this morning.  When I checked the tracking number, it had been delivered this afternoon - 7 days to go 150kms.  AP need to advise the public of their delayed service and maybe we wouldn't get marked down on postage time or receive these new defect marks.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 14 of 52
Latest reply

to rkxfamily  you are saying aust post errors , who employed them to do the delivery     the seller ...... a lot of items say free postage or standard postage ,not even the buyer knows how its getting to them , there are plenty of options available to deliver even officeworks couriers  transport companies , yes for small things aust post is cheap ,but unless you tell buyers to allow extra time ,you cant blame them . its a catch 22 situation .

Message 15 of 52
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

to rkxfamily  you are saying aust post errors , who employed them to do the delivery     the seller ...... a lot of items say free postage or standard postage ,not even the buyer knows how its getting to them , there are plenty of options available to deliver even officeworks couriers  transport companies , yes for small things aust post is cheap ,but unless you tell buyers to allow extra time ,you cant blame them . its a catch 22 situation .

No problem with buyers asking where the items are. It is the fact that it is regarded as a defect for them to even ask in the first place.

Don't blame the buyers. Unles they are experienced sellers it wouldn't occur to them that sellers are penalized because they have followed Ebays method of asking.

In my example the response from Ebay was that the case was decided in my favour..but the real point is why was it even a case.? Buyer was wanting to simply ask a reasonable question.

What is in it for Ebay to riddle the whole system with disputes and cases? Surely it can't be a good look for Ebay a a whole?

Message 16 of 52
Latest reply

God if you haven't realised by now that eBay has Australia Post by the balls then you never will! They have perverted our national postage carrier completely!!!

Message 17 of 52
Latest reply

@jothenuts

What I am pointing out is that we as sellers are penalized for randon Australia Post delivery times, something completely out of out control. Australia Post are a standard normal company to use on eBay.

I use Australia Post mosty. Mostly they are reliable. Sometimes, as in the past few weeks, they have not been. Tracking errors and longer than usual delivery times. Much longer than the estimates generated ineBay. We can get defects for this. "Defect" as in wrong, bad, ill intentioned or naughty seller. When Australia Post are at fault. IE in simpler terms, they mess up, we cop it.

This is not fair. The tone of it is wrong too. Handling time before posting is something we can control so I can understand that but the travel time that AP takes. Our defective fault?

Its as if eBay woke up one day and forgot who the real customers are. Its US! The honest, reliable long term sellers who pay them large amounts of fees every month.

Message 18 of 52
Latest reply

i understand  what your saying rkxfamily ,but aus post have been stuffing up for a long time , sometimes they are great , you only have to read the posts on here .ebay does not tell the seller who the carier should be ,its the seller ,the seller can put a delivery aprox time on the goods . remember the tranaction of the item is not finished until the buyer gets it.

Message 19 of 52
Latest reply

Joe, AP pretty much are the only carrier for many areas, especially regional, unless you want to pay alot more than AP charge.  The system is relatively uncomplicated and easy to access.  You can cite fastaway or whatever, there is no real alternative to AP

Maybe ebay doesn't specify that sellers HAVE to use AP to post items, the ebay labelling system is a pretty big endorsement wouldn't you say?

Message 20 of 52
Latest reply