Apparently I've disallowed combined postage?

A buyer wants 3 items and I told them to 'buy' them but not pay... then I can send a combined invoice and adjust the postage.

This is what I've always done, never had an issue.

Buyer says when they do that and request an invoice, they're getting a message that the seller has disallowed combined post and wants them to proceed to checkout with the original postage costs. I've not done this from the buyers perspective so I'm a bit baffled.

I can't see where I've disallowed combined post? Any clues on what's going wrong here?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Apparently I've disallowed combined postage?

Sometimes the gremlins fool around with your site preferences, check under Postage preferences.

If the buyer has commited to buy, you will still be able to send an invoice with combined postage.

There have been several threads about this problem - sometimes it is because the buyer is on a phone.

combined postage option.JPG

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I,ve had a similar problem with a seller I have purchased from. I have been told by ebay CS that there is a box in your account settings somewhere that you check if you do not offer combined post. There is a glitch in the system that is checking the box for you. My suggestion is check your account settings.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

There's also a BIG problem with the app, if they're trying to pay via mobile....fixes if paying via comp

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Just copped with two purchases, not five minutes ago. I've messaged him...

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This usualy happens if the items are in the buyer's Cart when they try and request combined postage.

Tell the buyer to purchase the items and then request the total when the items are awaiting payment.

Edited to add....this has been an ongoing problem with the Cart function for a couple of years now, especially with overseas transactions.  It comes and goes.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yeah...the CART is a total joke.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Many thanks all. I did need to check the combined post box in account seetings- stupid gremlins, I'm sure I had that set properly.

Buyer ended up just paying as-is with the message "don't worry about the extra postage". I refunded the difference but how refreshing to get such a polite and generous buyer. Made my day 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply