Aus Post crack down....

SO I just dropped off todays parcel to my Local AP outlet. The woman wroking there told me that AP are cracking down on the usage of large letters. I used the PB2's. A lot. As a large portion of my items are small and have a low sell price, so I use a PB2 and pay $2 for a larger letter and just wash the postage into the sell price of the item.

I was just informed that they are cracking down on anything or than documents that goes in their PB2's, and other padded bags and you will be made to pay the extra for a regular parcel. A woman came in to our local PO last week apparently and posted a key in a PB2. A key. It was sent back to her telling her she cannot do this anymore and must pay for parcel post. So whats the point of a padded bag now if nothing but documents can only go in them?

This is going to really kill my sales, and I will be left with oodles of stock I cannot move. Its hard enough these days just running a store in eBay, now AP are making things worse.

Top stuff AP!

Rant over.

Anyone want to buy my stock, going cheap.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Aus Post crack down....

Good grief! Are Aus Post trying to go bankrupt? Their decisions (and constant price-rises) are getting beyond a joke! ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

A great shame they do not crack down on their total lack of service or customer care instead Woman Mad

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I think that's an AP agency furphy.

Local Post Office (not agency) says no problems

Bubble wrap and padded envelopes etc are sorted manually, so they don't damage

their machinery.

Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

We send most of our stuff out by large letter.

When we first started selling we used to go over the counter.

Occasionally the thickness of an envelope will push the boundaries of the 2cm especially if things move around inside.

So we would get pinged for over thickness sometimes.

So we started to drop everything into our local red street box.

Since doing that we have never been pinged for over thickness.

So I'm guessing you might be better of dropping your items into a red box.

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

it really depends which post office you go to.  one will tell me one the other and the other will say not to worry. We went through all the hoo ha recently with not being able to send other than docs letter rate then AP reneged.  I'd go to a different GPO if I were you - or at least a different employee on the counter if you can

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

That's very interesting.  I sent a large letter to a family member via street letterbox a few months back with some non-paper stuff in it and it was borderline for the thickness limit.

As I didn't put my "sender" address on the back, they received it (small country town where they have to go and get their mail) and they were asked to pay for the excess postage!  I was shocked, and sorry.

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

I'm beginning to wonder if its just my local PO making this up. As I usually take around 100 PB2's large letters weekly, along with all my other lodgements, on around 10percent of my PB's they are over the 2cm mark. I've been going to the same PO for three years, and I soften them up by bringing in coffees for them a few times. lol.
The one that are too big they just put through anyway.
I wonder if its just them telling me porkies as maybe they've had the sorting centre give them grief about my parcels.
I hope its just that.

Plus I dont really want to drop in the red letter box as that means I have to use stamps. I had issues with, well, dishonest customers quite a bit saying they never got their item. I changed to the printed out stickers from the PO and the issues just about disappeared.

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

@transport-posters wrote:

That's very interesting.  I sent a large letter to a family member via street letterbox a few months back with some non-paper stuff in it and it was borderline for the thickness limit.

As I didn't put my "sender" address on the back, they received it (small country town where they have to go and get their mail) and they were asked to pay for the excess postage!  I was shocked, and sorry.

Might depend on which mail sorting centre your mail goes thru.

We are north side Brisbane so all ours will end up at Northgate centre for initial sorting first.

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

Just following on from last post.

I went into panic mode when I read the Opening Post and thought likewise - might as well give up selling now then as I also use 99.9% large letter, so I rang my local PO and was told, definitely not - there is a special Express envelope that can only be used for documents, but other than that, so long as the padded envelopes fit through the 20mm slot there is no problem - phew, huge sigh of relief from me as I trust my local PO 110%.

Can only suggest as someone else has already, try a different PO if that is possible.

Message 10 of 60
Latest reply