Aus Post crack down....

SO I just dropped off todays parcel to my Local AP outlet. The woman wroking there told me that AP are cracking down on the usage of large letters. I used the PB2's. A lot. As a large portion of my items are small and have a low sell price, so I use a PB2 and pay $2 for a larger letter and just wash the postage into the sell price of the item.

I was just informed that they are cracking down on anything or than documents that goes in their PB2's, and other padded bags and you will be made to pay the extra for a regular parcel. A woman came in to our local PO last week apparently and posted a key in a PB2. A key. It was sent back to her telling her she cannot do this anymore and must pay for parcel post. So whats the point of a padded bag now if nothing but documents can only go in them?

This is going to really kill my sales, and I will be left with oodles of stock I cannot move. Its hard enough these days just running a store in eBay, now AP are making things worse.

Top stuff AP!

Rant over.

Anyone want to buy my stock, going cheap.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Aus Post crack down....

@go-tazz wrote:

Large letter actually covers three weights up to 500 grams.

As long as they are within these dimensions 260 x 360 x 20mm

Up to 125 grams is $2

Up to 250 grams is $3

Up to 500 grams is $5

I know, but the OP specifically said $2.00 - so I am going with the 125g

So, OP?    why not use stamps?

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

@scrambler3333 wrote:

This is on the AP site

Send a letter under 250g within Australia for $1, or overseas from $1.85.

No use saying this - if you read further, it  depends on the size.      Of course a small letter is only $1, but the OP is talking $2 so he means large letters.

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

@curraone wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

Up to 125 grams is $2

Up to 250 grams is $3

Up to 500 grams is $5

The OP stated in an earlier post their reason for not using stamps - "

"Plus I dont really want to drop in the red letter box as that means I have to use stamps. I had issues with, well, dishonest customers quite a bit saying they never got their item. I changed to the printed out stickers from the PO and the issues just about disappeared."

sounds fair enough to me.

Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

Sounds like the OP should look at selling lines where they don't get ripped off. Or arm themself with some sticky tape to ensure the stamps stay affixed.

or rely on getting 10% of their items snuck through as letters when they should have gone by parcel.

The claim that they wouldn't be able to sell if they charged for parcels is an admission that they either don't realise that buyers will pay for quality or that they should be selling items that allow the seller to make a profit.

Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

@northern_4x4 wrote:

The post office I go to don't seem to care. If they said, no we won't post this item because its a tad too big, fair enough. But they didn't. Maybe because I'm a regular there and spent over 25k with them last financial year, they decided to turn a blind eye, and now they have been pulled up for it. I don't know. But it didn't make sense what she told me about the padded bags and they can only be used for documents....

Gosh, I am sure some post office employees just make it up as they go along.  I have met some difficult characters behind the AP counter, but have been very fortunate to have struck some local post offices with brilliant, helpful and very nice staff.  All that an eBay seller could wish for.  

Its not only unfair that they have misinformed you, it is a breach of their duties and obligations

Message 55 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

OP has plenty of parcel postage quoted in listings.

Not as though he's posting everything at letter rate.

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

tends to negate his bleat then, hey?

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

@thecatspjs wrote:

@curraone wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

Up to 125 grams is $2

Up to 250 grams is $3

Up to 500 grams is $5

The OP stated in an earlier post their reason for not using stamps - "

"Plus I dont really want to drop in the red letter box as that means I have to use stamps. I had issues with, well, dishonest customers quite a bit saying they never got their item. I changed to the printed out stickers from the PO and the issues just about disappeared."

sounds fair enough to me.

I posted quite some time ago now,  was having exactly the same problem using stamps, even when lodged over the counter, but more often if I posted in the red box (to save nearly an hours drive).  Since requesting the printed stickers, and only lodging over the counter,  very rarely do I have a problem.  And when I do, I can always provide a copy of my postal list for verification that the item was posted.  Amazing once the buyer has been sent a copy how often the package suddenly arrives.  Of course, I would never refuse to replace if it really did go astray.

Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

Are you using plastic or paper bubble mailers? I've always used stamps on large letter items. I didn't realise there was another option. Even when I've run out of stamps and handed it over the counter, they just put regular stamps on. I've only had 2 non arrivals for large letter items. There was nothing in the buyers feedback to suggest they were trying to get a freebie.

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

Aus Post crack down....

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Are you using plastic or paper bubble mailers? I've always used stamps on large letter items. I didn't realise there was another option. Even when I've run out of stamps and handed it over the counter, they just put regular stamps on. I've only had 2 non arrivals for large letter items. There was nothing in the buyers feedback to suggest they were trying to get a freebie.

I use white paper ones.  My issue is not the stamps coming off though, it's that I think the labels look more official Smiley Wink

Ask at the counter if they can do printed labels - lol, even the relief staff at my local PO know to do labels for me and I'm told from their point of view it makes no difference.  It makes it very obvious you have lodged over the counter Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 60
Latest reply