Australia Post unreliable lately?

Hi,

I have had alot of item that are taking much longer than they should to get to people.

I keep getting contacted by buyers that they have not received their item. I post them on the same day or the day after. I give them a refund then they contact me a week or so later and tell me that they have just received their item.

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Myabe I'm juts having bad luck.

Thanks

Teri

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Australia Post unreliable lately?

Oh ok thanks for that info. Smiley Happy The collect from Woolies thing is still a no go for me though, because of the distance. 

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Everything sent through Officeworks Mailman is couriered out through Fastway Couriers the worst courier company in the world.  You think AP are slow, on average it has taken me up to 8 weeks to get items delivered to me with this company.  And no way would I ever accept any seller using them. I would prefer to walk 5 minutes to my AP outlet to collect a parcel than having to walk 2km to the nearest Officeworks (no Car and no other transport to my local Officeworks store) to pick up an item that they also could not be bothered to deliver.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

I had 1 Case with Australia Post last year, I now have 18 so far this year.  If you don't get any answers from them go to their Facebook Page and post it there.  They answer them REAL QUICK LOL.  Also an interesting eyeopener if you have some time on your hands.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

mfrazer
Community Member

Australia Post is having problems with it's new mail sorting machines, which can't tell the difference between To & From addresses. Packages are being sent to random mail centres around the country, even though they are correctly addressed

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-23/australia-posts-sorting-machines-misdirecting-mail/6417106

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Hi, yes I am having trouble too.  I started using Ebay prepaid post bags - hard to track items 4th day now and only tells me the item has been initiated.  The item should already be delivered.  I can't work it out and cant get any info here on ebay.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

I've had this problem a couple of times but if you think you're going to have parcels arriving late, just set your post time to 1-2 days after payment. I know it's not as good as sane day posting, but you still post the same day, it just gives the parcel more time to arrive.
Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Ive got one here sent from QLD to ACT 2 weeks ago all correct at our end that has just been scanned in at Welshpool WA!!!

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@lyn8365 wrote:

Hi, yes I am having trouble too.  I started using Ebay prepaid post bags - hard to track items 4th day now and only tells me the item has been initiated.  The item should already be delivered.  I can't work it out and cant get any info here on ebay.

You need to lodge them over the counter, not in a red box. Otherwise they probably won't get scanned until delivered.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

It's amazing the difference in postage times. Some things arrive quickly, others seem to take the scenic route around Australia first.

Things will be even worse in September when postage changes. Letter prices will stay at 70c if you are happy for them to deliver 2 days later than usual. $1.00 for the same as today.  If they can't get it right now, imagine the stuffups in the future.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Just lost my TRS  due to defects related to postage  . The items eventually do turn up but not before  I get hit with a defect and it is too late. Dont get me started on EBay  hitting us with defects due to postage delays !

Have you noticed that L & P are close on a keyboard ? Maybe its just a typo and  they are really called Australia Lost .

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply