BUYERS THAT DON'T LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK AT ALL

Hello community.  the ebay feedback system allows buyers to judge the integrity of sellers by checking on their feedback. so what does it mean when you have several buyers now having left no feedback at all ? 

i am still new to this & is it that they are not happy with something ?, or cannot be bothered leaving feedback if you have done all the right things as a seller ?, or are they just rude ? i know its a voluntary system, but it is really no effort to leave feedback. am i overthinking this or should i just not worry ? 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: BUYERS THAT DON'T LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK AT ALL

".....and, eBay prompts sellers a month later to leave f/b for a NPB??"

I do find that particularly irksome. IMO once an UID is closed, neither party should be able to leave Feedback. Stops the temptation on the part of the Seller to leave a false positive, and who cares what a NPB thinks?

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Seriously?? Dafuq! That is just nuts!

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I agree, its really disappointing when you do everything right, including leaving feedback for the buyer to get the brush. Buyers dont hesitate to give negative feedback when aggrieved. This could be negated by an auto positive feedback after a lapsed time period defined by ebay where the buyer has had sufficient time to do it themselves. The assumption that everything is fine.

The alternate would be to hold your feedback until its done by the buyer?

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Choose your own way.

I leave feedback when posted. Whether the buyer leaves feedback is irrelevant to me.

I get feedback these days on 20% of sales and have never had a neg on my selling accounts.

Feedback is not one of eBay's seller metrics, so it is effectively pointless. It doesn't even count towards TRS.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

I'm someone who's been buying on ebay since 2001 and selling since 2018, and ALWAYS leave feedback for every single transaction. But that's MY choice, and yes, I REALLY wish more buyers would leave (positive!) feedback for me as a seller, but I don't expect it.

It's not really about me or my service I think, as even repeat buyers, or buyers who ask for express post or another special request and are REALLY lovely and appreciative in their messages, often don't leave any feedback.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:

It's not really about me or my service I think, as even repeat buyers, or buyers who ask for express post or another special request and are REALLY lovely and appreciative in their messages, often don't leave any feedback.

If it's not really about you or your service,  why?

The best feedback I get for my sales, or for my services, is the $'s in my pocket.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Itโ€™s interesting. I message when I am posting with tracking number, and leave Feedback at the same time. I know some Buyers, particularly newbies, appreciate Feedback. Buyers will message me when their item arrives, often with very complimentary words, but not leave Feedback. So they are happy to contact me, which takes more effort than leaving Feedback. To them a message seems personal, Feedback impersonal?

My items are often unusual, even quirky, so the Buyer may want to let me know their reason for purchasing. Spoiler โ€“ I am a Seller, not a pen friend, so any correspondence on my part just aims to be pleasant enough to encourage repeat buying.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

I get that, but ultimately a lot of buyers simply do not leave feedback, no matter how good the item or service, and no matter how happy they are.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:

I get that, but ultimately a lot of buyers simply do not leave feedback, no matter how good the item or service, and no matter how happy they are.

You are 100% correct.

Because it is voluntary, feedback has more to do with the nature of the buyer (or seller) than it has to do with the service you provide.

There are a lot of buyers who just can't be bothered, full stop.

I'd say there are also some buyers who don't even realise they can, or where to go to leave feedback and can't be bothered looking to find out.

There is nothing you can do to change the nature of the buyers.

I think some buyers are much more motivated to leave feedback if things go wrong. They want to complain and if they haven't had satisfactory replies from a seller, then feedback gives them a voice.

You'll notice that on a lot of review sites & on these boards, that people are more inclined to jump into print if they are deeply unhappy and feel they have been unfairly treated.

If I were still selling, I'd just take no news as good news and let things be.

Those who are routinely feedback givers will give it, the others won't unless they are unhappy!

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

I would say long time users still see feedback as important as it was what you needed to be trusted in the early days. 

New users not so much and just see ebay as any other site to buy from where you can leave feedback if you wish.

New sellers feel they need to get the numbers up as it may help sales but with MBG I don't see it as important as it used to be to get a sale. 

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply