BYE BYE EBAY

ivé just paid out  au$223.00 ebay and paypal fees on us$930.00 ebay sales  ebay can go to hell as far as i'm concerned it's just out priced itself i wont be selling anymore as a matter of fact i'm bloody fuming PAYPAL WHAT A RIPOFF!!! for all the trouble listing,wrapping, posting ect they can stick their selling where the sun don't shine i'm better off going back to stand up auctions no drama paid quickly and less fees,thats my 2 bobs worth anyway..BYEBYE EBAY/PAYPAL your not getting another cent out of me!!!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: BYE BYE EBAY

Sounds about right.

$US930 is about $A1200. eBay charge 9.9%, Paypal 3.6% plus conversion fees.

Good luck selling OS using bank deposit...

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

cummiscot
Community Member

Good on ya mate...they squeeze us more and more,just because they dont have competition...they are a bully... paypal is a scam.. but try and sell on ebay without them! from 2 unpaid cases in 4 years,to 31!! unpaid case opened in less then 4 months... check out "facebook ireland" scam on paypal forum itself!! people being stinged for hundreds of dollars!! and its going on for 2 years!!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Did you not know what the fees were before you went to the trouble of selling?

If you did know, why didnt you either a) not sell here or, b) take those fees into account?

Not being sarcastic, just wondering why people do this...
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

When you go to the New Car Dealership to Buy your New Car, have not you already done your maths ?  and you know how many $'s you are spending, or how much the credit is going to cost you ?  WHY SHOULD EBAY/PAYPAL BE ANY DIFFERENT ?????  Man Frustrated

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

no actually i didn't ivé been a member of ebay since 2000  and just an occasional seller of antique weaponry  ebay used to be fair and reasonably priced, the last items i sold  sellers  could get around paypals conversion rippoffs not these days but thats not the point i'm making the point is ebay/paypal has out priced itself as far as i'm concerned  and after this sting of  over %20 in charges i won't be selling anything on it

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

ummmm because you don't know what price your going to get and ummm because you dont know what the postage cost (that ebay taxes you on) is going to cost and ummm fluctuating $ ect,ect

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@creekman51 wrote:

no actually i didn't ivé been a member of ebay since 2000  and just an occasional seller of antique weaponry  ebay used to be fair and reasonably priced, the last items i sold  sellers  could get around paypals conversion rippoffs not these days but thats not the point i'm making the point is ebay/paypal has out priced itself as far as i'm concerned  and after this sting of  over %20 in charges i won't be selling anything on it

More like 16%. And you haven't mentioned postage

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

yes postage was  70 odd

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

mj_v2.0
Community Member
Yep, I just stung $153.00 out off a sale of iPhone 8 Plus, I told eBay they can shove their fees and heading I am off to Facebook market, lots of people are sick to death, and their offshore calls which they supposedly “don’t have”to save money, never live chatted to a call centre in my country. They cut corners to save money but rip the customers. Nice one eBay 🖕
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply