Basing my location in USA from Australia and selling to Australian consumers, is this possible?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Basing my location in USA from Australia and selling to Australian consumers, is this possible?

could i ask what sort of products are we talking about

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: Basing my location in USA from Australia and selling to Australian consumers, is this possible?

Smoking accessories. 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@786products wrote:

Smoking accessories. 

As in those e-cigarettes, or vapourisers, or more of the "hippy" type smoking implements? If it's of the hippy type, they can be sold as single stem vases 😄 That's what one of the local tobacconists were selling them as 😉

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@786products wrote:

Well due to some ridiculous rules and policies .com.au i cant list my items which has put me in a pretty bad spot financailly.  However it's completely allowed on .com (US). So hoping to partner in with a relative from overseas. 

I've got some pretty bad news for you, I'm afraid. If we're talking about e-cigarettes or "personal vaporisers" then I can tell you that they are absolutely and unequivocally NOT allowed to be sold on any eBay site, regardless of its location. If you look at the list of banned items on the Australian site, it mirrors that of the US (and all other) sites as well. In fact, the explanation which disallows the listing of e-cigarettes makes direct reference to the FDA which is the US Food & Drug Administration, who have no jurisdiction in Australia.

I've already received one MC036 and a 1 day selling suspension for listing e-cigarettes locally so I looked into it and I've argued the point with Trust & Safety and informed them that we're governed by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) and they told me that if I could provide written permission from the TGA, then they would allow me to list e-cigarettes on the AU site, knowing full well that such permission would not be forthcoming.

I also pointed out that there are at present literally thousands of listing for e-cigarettes on the AU site and I was simply told that they're slowly getting around to all of them and removing all current listings, and that if I tried listing mine again, I'd receive a lot more than just a 1 day suspension next time. They are not allowed on Gumtree either, but I did notice quite a few listings for them on Quicksales, which being Australian owned, is probably why they're allowing listings for e-cigarettes to continue.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks heaps for the reply mate! really appreciate it, However my items are sheesa/hookah products which are considered a cultural item which are perfectly legal and allowable for sale on .com. And just like yourself have had many warnings which inturn did eventually result in a suspension of my account which was a shame..... Unfortunatley have to consider different avenues now.. 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply