Bemused (Thought I had seen it all)

Never cease to be amazed.   Buyer commits to purchase 3 items, proceeds to send request for total invoice, very good he has figured this all out by himself, but request for invoice contains a note, stating how much he is prepared to pay.

My invoice did not concur with his pricing, and now appears he is lost in cyberland.  Oh well 3 strikes coming up.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bemused (Thought I had seen it all)

I once had a bidder on over 20 items.....perfect correspondence over 10 days.....ended up NPB when her 'carer' contacted me and wanted to cancel the transaction due to buyer being a compulsive buyer....20 strikes....can anyone top that?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

No, but I did have a buyer win an auction, then demanded I cancel the sale.  As they claimed I had somehow bid on my own item, using their account.  Now where has all my hair gone.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I've had a buyer who has been buying multiple items over many years. She invariably comes up with excuses for delaying payment. Among these are two occasions where she's ended up in hospital and had her 'friend' contact me to explain sudden illness and inability to pay.

On another occasion her mother died and she would nor be able to pay until her funeral had been sorted out. A few years later she somberly informed me her mother had died again...

Despite her run of unfortunate circumstances she always pays in the end (but it can take several weeks) and I haven't blocked her & look forward to her plethora of excuses.. and it is getting to the stage where I suspect her mother may meet her demise...again!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Every person I work with has had at least 15 sets of grandparents who have all died at some point, so it's possible she has 15 mother's who are all going to meet their demise at some point.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Loving all these stories, makes me laugh out loud, ROFL!!!

aaahhhh I needed that, thanks everyone .

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply