Best & cheapest way to post CDs

A friend of mine is re-jigging her ebay account with a new name and picture so she can sell some of her vast collection of CDs.

I've never sent a CD as far as I can recall, and as I only ever use prepaid satchels for my items, I don't know what the options are for postage.

A small padded bag I should think, but is that safe / padded enough?

A CD specific box? Once you wrap the CD in bubble wrap though, it wouldn't fit in the box I'd think. Or do you not need bubble wrap in that case?

Either way, you'd be paying for the bag or box, plus postage? And can you then get tracking as well? Is that another payment?

After all this, would it in fact be cheaper to just use a 500g satchel and fill the huge gap with bubble wrap? lol
Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Best & cheapest way to post CDs

That's cool. I'm using compostable doggy pooh bags as inner bags inside standard cardboard letter thingie from Aus Post. 

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

Hey since your post the threshhold for free postage from overseas Amazon to Australia has increased. I think it may be $59.00 or $69.00. I think this is kind of silly. I really think the threshhold should be the standard $39.00. In fact I really think there should be no threshhold at all if you're an Australian Amazon Prime member.

Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

YouTube to preview, eBay to buy. There are ways of getting YouTube to MP3 and saved to your hard drive. Sometimes there are albums in which some of the songs are not on streaming, but I'm able to preview the songs somewhere else, then if I like it enough I'll head off to eBay to get the CD. I also get frustrated with Spotify or Deezer when songs are grayed out but are still listed in the album. I then go to ITunes to listen to the grayed out song and then I order the CD on eBay.

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

Some examples of albums not on YouTube or streaming:

1. The Seekers- Live On Feat Julie Anthony

Albert Hammond Early Recordings 1967- 1971

The Cascades After The Rain

Peter Blakeley the True Tone Sessions EP

So heading off to eBay to order the CD is worth it for these reasons alone.

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

When it comes to the Wiggles, "Here Comes A Song" from 1992 is worth trying to sell. It goes for $40.00 on here. It hardly appears anywhere. My cheapest find was $40.00 on eBay and Discogs.

Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread and the wildly off topic posts being added, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply