Blocked Bidder

Bit of help here Please.

How can a buyer from a blocked bidding country I have Location: Montevideo, Uruguay be able to bid on my items to an invoice amount  of $100 ?

Now the bidder is asking for me to deliver to the blocked country. Using regestered mail and tracking but Auspost does not track to this country. Regerestered mail has up to $100 compensation but I bet it is not for Montevideo, Uruguay.

This buyer has hit on some of my better items!

Any thought or suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocked Bidder

If you are not comfortable with sending to the buyers requested address, I would just message them to politely let them know that you can only send a US address as per your listing description.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

So thinking about it ,they have proberly used a tool like "unblock me"!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Had a quick look at your exclusions and didn't see Uraguay amonsst them. It may be there as it is a pretty long list. As well as having the exclusions do you also have the buyer block in place that prevents buyers from primary delivery adddresses you do not post to bidding, if you don't then they can still bid even if the postal destination is excluded.

Why not get a quote from a courier company for a fuly tracked and insured service with signature on delivery add $50 bucks for your trouble and then send the invoice. They either pay up what will be a huge amount and you send by that method or the balk at the cost and don't pay so you can open and close an unpaid item dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

My blocks are specifically nowhere except Australia.

Others reckon different, but I find explicitly setting the regions I won't post to works.

Have you done that? Explicitly set excluded countries/regions? If not, do so.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@kg5collector wrote:

Bit of help here Please.

How can a buyer from a blocked bidding country I have Location: Montevideo, Uruguay be able to bid on my items to an invoice amount  of $100 ?

Now the bidder is asking for me to deliver to the blocked country. Using regestered mail and tracking but Auspost does not track to this country. Regerestered mail has up to $100 compensation but I bet it is not for Montevideo, Uruguay.

This buyer has hit on some of my better items!

Any thought or suggestions?

AP Express courier international may be an option.  Check what site the buyer purchased via to see what the delivery requirements are.  If they purchased from eBay.au you only need to have proof you posted to that person and lodged.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies it really helps.

South Americia is totally blocked by me.

Never had a buyer bid from a blocked country before.

Have a few buyers a month email me so they can be unblocked.

Looks like they have bid on the au eBay site.

For "unblock me" to work properly you need a mailing address in the country you purchsae from example.

Log on & sign up for US pay TV and pay a pitence compared to Aus prices but you need to supply a US address, which unblock me does. US bullion, coins, US stamps they get redirected from the US address to your Aus address. It costs $6.50 per month.

I do not use unblock me because of our eBay business and other personal reasons.

So this person has problems paying me because they are blocked so I would have to unblock him so he can?.

There email is very confusing! Does the email talk about two different people?

The email personal bits taken out!

Dear seller
I recently bought several of their items!
And I'm bidding on others, I suggest waiting to see if I win and if you agree to pay him all together, from the first.
I have paypal.
I would like if possible to send me the address in Uruguay me, I am willing to pay registered mail or and mail with tracking in our country mostly no problem with shipments and letters are respected.
Tell me what you think.

1st name of buyer.

I found this email after listing and relisting that day!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I think the "him" in the message is just meant to mean "for them" (as in the goods).

You can not block anyone making a paypal payment to you, so that issue is not going to arise. 

If you want to stop the buyer from bidding on any more items then add their user ID to your blocked buyers list and cancel their existing bids.

If you don't wish to trade with this buyer or send the goods to the requested destination, then I would message them to let them know with the reason politely and simply put, that you do not post to their country and that you will send through cancellations for the goods, could they please accept them so you might get your eBays fees back.

If they reject the cancellations you can ring eBay and show them the messages between you and the buyer, so it is important that you communicate clearly with the buyer your reasons as to why you can not sell to them so eBay can see this. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I have just looked at the invoice and I can very clearly see an address Miami, FL 33166-3045
United States at the top of the invoice page with this persons user name.

Sorry I had not looked earlier! But all other info to contact is in Uruguay.

So this person has a US address and is based in Uruguay. Very much an "unblock me" type situation.

But where do I stand now?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If you are not comfortable with sending to the buyers requested address, I would just message them to politely let them know that you can only send a US address as per your listing description.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks I have a direction to go in now!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply