Buyer cancelled order without permission?

jametto
Community Member

I sold something and the buyer send a request to cancel. He didn't bother providing an explanation so I ignored it with the full intention to wait the 4 days and leave an unpaid item strike. Yet somehow the order was cancelled without my permission? How is this possible? I am about to call ebay I am furious this buyer has ruined my sale and can cancel his own orders.

I am incredibly furious he has wiggled out of a strike. It said I need to wait 4 days to open the unpaid case yet for some reason the order was cancelled without my permission a day before this..

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Buyer cancelled order without permission?

I knew it was not an automatic process...there is no way that it can be.

Thank you for all the trouble you have gone to.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@swift*ninja wrote:

Did BIN with best offer and confirmed purchase that way - cancellation request on an unpaid item from the buyer's side, well within an hour of purchase:

Spoiler
cancel order.PNG

Cancellation request from the seller's side:

Spoiler
cancel order 2.PNG

It's only for auction sales where the buyer hasn't paid yet that a buyer can cancel within an hour.

If it's a BIN then it's upto the seller to agree with the cancellation.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@instylecollectables wrote:

It's only for auction sales where the buyer hasn't paid yet that a buyer can cancel within an hour.

If it's a BIN then it's upto the seller to agree with the cancellation.

If that is the case, I have to wonder why there isn't different information on the order cancellation help pages (there's one for buyers and one for sellers - neither of them mention the process is different for auctions).

Guess I'll have to test an auction listing afterall, lol. 

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Eh... Side note. 

Ya gotta love eBay:

"To cancel an order – whether it's a Buy It Now purchase or you've won an auction – you'll need to contact the seller and ask if they can cancel it for you."

But then...

"If the seller declines your cancellation request, or if they've already shipped your item, you’ll need to wait until you receive the item and then start a return request."  

Double You Tee Eff, eBay?

And then...

"Buying an item or bidding on an auction on eBay is a commitment to complete your purchase. Even if you changed your mind or want to cancel your order, you need to pay for your item. If you don't pay for your item, the seller may open an unpaid item case against you."

So, pay for your items or else, even if you want to cancel? And if the seller sends or can't / won't cancel after you pay, force them to via a dispute?

Nice one, Mx Policy Writer, lol

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

jvdv
Community Member

This happens - I had an sale recently where there had been several bids including several from the winning bidder. Within minutes of the auction ending I had a message from the buyer saying simply "don't want it..." nothing more, no sorry I bid in error, etc, etc.

I offered a 2nd chance offer to the next highest bidder which fortunately was accepted but these time wasters can just mess sellers around and there's nothing that can be done, eBay won't block them nor can you leave negative feedback. 

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

You have the ability to add any ID to your BBL.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply